Internet

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2019, 09:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Internet

Would appreciate input regarding the Internet you use and how happy you are with it or unhappy with it. Currently have Comcast and they are trying to increase the monthly rate by 62%. Had them for TV one time and you had to watch your bill each month as they were constantly trying to sneak an increase by you. Finally got fed up and went to Direct TV and could not be happier. That was over 3 or 4 years ago. Was using Comcast only for internet and now I find they are up to their tricks again. I see the alternatives are Century Link, Spectrum, Earth Link, Bright House, are potentially available. Not sure if all are available throughout the Villages. AT&T recommends Century Link. Any suggestions would be appreciated?
Old 07-18-2019, 09:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Would appreciate input regarding the Internet you use and how happy you are with it or unhappy with it. Currently have Comcast and they are trying to increase the monthly rate by 62%. Had them for TV one time and you had to watch your bill each month as they were constantly trying to sneak an increase by you. Finally got fed up and went to Direct TV and could not be happier. That was over 3 or 4 years ago. Was using Comcast only for internet and now I find they are up to their tricks again. I see the alternatives are Century Link, Spectrum, Earth Link, Bright House, are potentially available. Not sure if all are available throughout the Villages. AT&T recommends Century Link. Any suggestions would be appreciated?
Have been pleased for five years with Comcast. All the companies try the same tricks to raise your rates.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Have had Spectrum for five years and have had no issues in performance. Spectrum is a no contract service so can leave whenever and their customer service is great, their agents can make and implement decisions.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-18-2019, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Another Comcast customer here (7 years), who has had no major issues/complaints...and isn't looking to change.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:09 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Have had Spectrum for five years and have had no issues in performance. Spectrum is a no contract service so can leave whenever and their customer service is great, their agents can make and implement decisions.

Another Spectrum fan.........not available in all areas.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Try going down to the Comcast store on 441, they have been a big help in the past. It is so much easier talking to some face to face than over the phone.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

I've had century link for about 18 mos. never had an outage or slow down.. I have 80 mbps with pre-pay $45 a month "for life" I like that very year I don't have a hassle with them raising the rates
Old 07-18-2019, 10:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Unhappy Follow up

Just as clarification I had been a Comcast internet customer for many years. Was told many years ago that if I consented to paperless billing my monthly rate would be XXX. After many years they have said that was only temp rate. Now increasing approximately 62%. I feel foolish that I have been "taken" again by them.How many have had "temp rates" that went for 6-10 years?
Old 07-18-2019, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Had Comcast up north, and it was beyond terrible. Have it now here and pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2019, 11:15 AM
Veteran member
Default Negotiate!

For either Internet service or Cable/Sat. TV, you MUST negotiate with them at the end of your contract. Some companies have what they call 'customer retention' agents. These people appear to have more leeway in "adjusting" your price. I have Comcast only for internet and I'm paying $49 for 150 Mbps. FWIW, I have DirecTV, Choice package, $61.83.

Some may have better pricing but this was what I could negotiate at the end of my last promotion.
Closed Thread

Tags
internet, link, increase, century, comcast

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.