Internet providers

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Default Internet providers

I have had it with Cxxxxxt. Rude , do nothing to help, weak signal. HELP ME, Can anyone help me? Who else is there?

Also, does anyone have Direct TV & how do you like them?

“Living Large in the Land of Sunshine & No Basements”

SEMPER FI
Old 03-19-2015, 05:26 PM
Sage

I dumped Comcast and went with BrightHouse 1.5 years ago. Best move I could have made. No problems, good service, and excellent Internet.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:35 PM

I have Brighthouse, in Hillsborough, absolutely no signal trouble, etc.
Good Luck and enjoy The Villages
Old 03-19-2015, 05:51 PM

Thanks for getting back so fast. Just so we are talking apples to apples, do you mind telling me what mbps & how much per month & how long is your contract.

SEMPER FI
Old 03-19-2015, 06:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by velcro View Post
Thanks for getting back so fast. Just so we are talking apples to apples, do you mind telling me what mbps & how much per month & how long is your contract.
I do not have a bill handy; however I,have the second fastest Internet service and have no trouble streaming to my TV. You do not have to have a contract with BrightHouse and they will guarantee their rates for two years without a contract.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:48 PM
Veteran member

Brighthouse...are they only available south of 466a?
Old 03-19-2015, 07:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
Brighthouse...are they only available south of 466a?
I believe so, and have no plans to go north of 466A.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:17 PM

I am south of 466A so that works but would still like to know what speeds people are using with BrightHouse? All along I was thinking it was my computer but I just picked up a new Mac Book Pro & it didn't solve the problem or even help. So after talking to some friends in TV I know it's time to switch. Thing is I don,t want to go through the exercise & find out it is no better then Comcast

Also,does anyone use Direct TV for there TV service & how do you like it or not?

Thanks for your input.

SEMPER FI
Old 03-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Can't help you with the internet part, but we have had DirecTV for over a decade and absolutely love it. Brilliant picture, the Genie system that works great, NFL Ticket not available anywhere else, and Extra Innings for baseball. Also something for hockey. It occasionally goes out in a storm for a few minutes, but you can switch to non HD and get it back. However, it's never stayed out long enough for us to do that.

And their customer service is excellent.

We had Brighthouse on Anna Maria Island in a winter rental once for internet and TV and thought it was great. Can't answer your speed question, though.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by velcro View Post
I am south of 466A so that works but would still like to know what speeds people are using with BrightHouse? All along I was thinking it was my computer but I just picked up a new Mac Book Pro & it didn't solve the problem or even help. So after talking to some friends in TV I know it's time to switch. Thing is I don,t want to go through the exercise & find out it is no better then Comcast

Also,does anyone use Direct TV for there TV service & how do you like it or not?

Thanks for your input.
Brighthouse delivering 100mbs plus south of 466A
a

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-19-2015, 10:30 PM

We have Direct TV here in TV and also in NH. Love it. Good service. Good movies. More channels for same price as Comcast. We have a remote box on our kitchen TV so we can move it to the lanai or even outdoors. Check it out online.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:16 AM

[QUOTE=velcro;1031379]I am south of 466A so that works but would still like to know what speeds people are using with BrightHouse? All along I was thinking it was my computer but I just picked up a new Mac Book Pro & it didn't solve the problem or even help. So after talking to some friends in TV I know it's time to switch. Thing is I don,t want to go through the exercise & find out it is no better then Comcast

Thanks for your input.

I live south of 466A and had Brighthouse internet and phone for $55 a month. Had numerous problems with internet dropping constantly. Switched to Ooma for phone and called Brighthouse but they would not reduce bill so I would still have to pay $55 for 15mps. Went to Comcast and got 50mps guaranteed for 1 year at $39.99 no contract. Been very happy with speeds. Also have Directv here and in NY. In NY for 12 years in TV 2 years.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:06 PM

Now that,s what I,m talking about. Two internet providers with no contract. I didn't know Comcast would do a no contract deal. But I,m still getting rid of them, just on principal. Seems like Direct TV is the way to go. I called them & they have a special deal if you were not a previous customer which I am not. Plus Mr France I like that I can get my Giants & Rangers on it. Kellyjam if I needed a house phone I would definitely give the Ompaloomas a call ! Please keep the input coming, more input more choices.

SEMPER FI
Old 03-20-2015, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

It's Mrs. France the football/baseball fanatic. And I guarantee you'll like DirecTV! You might even get a deal on NFL Ticket as a new customer. They have been known to run a special on that. Enjoy.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:58 PM
Sage

If all I want is fast internet to watch netflix and youtube and I live near Brownwood, who should I get.
I now have Comcast but I'm not too happy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.