Internet on tv

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Default Internet on tv

I have an old TV that I was using to watch Netflix and Amazon prime through the Wii. My Wii just died, what would you recommend. I read the thread about Roku but that didn't sound like it would be good for watching movies. suggestions?
Old 11-01-2015, 12:10 PM
Bosoxfan

Buy a smart tv
Old 11-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkshop View Post
I have an old TV that I was using to watch Netflix and Amazon prime through the Wii. My Wii just died, what would you recommend. I read the thread about Roku but that didn't sound like it would be good for watching movies. suggestions?
Most devices that plug in to a TV, and even smart TVs themselves, are very limited as to what they can do, and clunky to use.

However, it is very easy to connect a computer to your TV (especially if it has a VGA socket). You can then access the whole internet on your TV using the familiar mouse and keyboard.

CDs and DVDs can be played through the computer, or ripped on to the hard drive (for archival purposes of your disks only, of course).
Old 11-01-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkshop View Post
You can purchase Roku online or at Best Buy, SAMs for $39 to $99. It is easy plug and play. You plug it into your HDMI slot. Take your TV remote and click input to find it. You log in your internet code and you are off....up to 3000 channels, many, many free. We mainly use, Acorn - free British movies and series, Crackle, Amazon Prime, Netflix . We also have an antenna and get all the local channels but I think we can get them on Roku too using Sling but, once installed $200, the antenna has no contract, no fees and Sling is $20 a month.

As we said to Mikey....try it, you'll like it! And btw, smart tvs offer less than what we get with Roku but our tv is a smart tv anyway.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:57 PM
Sage

You will need a tv that has an hdmi, if it does, get the amazon fire tv, then Google how to install kodi. Kodi will give you everything! Free. You can also buy devices preloaded with kodi on Amazon.
Closed Thread

Tags
wii, roku, thread, recommend, read, watching, movies, suggestions, good, sound, watch, netflix, internet, died, prime, amazon

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.