IPhone classes

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister
Default IPhone classes

I am an IBM retiree and have no earthly idea about how to adequately use my IPhone apps that came installed with it. Is there a class that I can attend that will unveil the mysteries of the IPhone?

Also, I constantly receive:
"IPhone Not Backed Up
This IPhone hasn't been backedup. Backups happen when the IPhone is plugged in, locked and connected to WiFi."

Well, I know how to plug the sucker in.....I'm not certain about how to lock it, and I think...not sure....that it is connected to my WiFi. But every time I take it off charge, I receive the same stinking message.

Also, it keeps nagging me to sign in to iCloud asking for a password. I have never signed in to iCloud.....don't even know what iCloud is and why I would want to use it.

I would really love to find a class that I can attend........anyone know of one?
Old 01-10-2015, 04:16 PM

Join the local Apple Club. Many classes and they have drop in meetings frequently to train or resolve individual issues. There is an online capability to ask for assistance. Just type in the Villages Apple Club.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Sage

"iPhone I Class with Jim Stueber" at Lifelong Learning College, 352-753-3035.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill Meister View Post

Also, I constantly receive:
"IPhone Not Backed Up
This IPhone hasn't been backedup. Backups happen when the IPhone is plugged in, locked and connected to WiFi."

Well, I know how to plug the sucker in.....I'm not certain about how to lock it, and I think...not sure....that it is connected to my WiFi. But every time I take it off charge, I receive the same stinking message.
To lock the iPhone, quickly depress the button on the top right (You should hear a click) Also, when you finish a phone call, text, etc. press that button to turn the screen off, lock the iPhone and save power...also a good way to prevent "butt dials."
And yes, it is aggravating to get that message all the time.

Good luck!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

If you have Verizon the store on 441 has free classes. You can call them to learn more.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Veteran member

Ipad club first Tuesday at Colony Cottage Rec Center. Info applies to iPhone, iPad, iPod. 1:30 pm, totally free but arrive early this time of year
Old 01-13-2015, 03:44 AM

To buy an iPad Air 2 or an iPad mini 2 or 3 (Wi-Fi plus cellular on either, if needed??). I honestly do not know which size (or whether I need cellular with any device I buy), what then will be best suited for me.

I have an iPhone 5, so I can create my own Wi-Fi hotspot is what I've been told.

https://www.apple.com/ipad/
Old 01-13-2015, 07:45 AM

If you plan on using your iPad out and about frequently a mini is very nice to travel with. If you will primarily use at home the iPad Air is great around the house. That being said if you will only use your iPad occasionally away from home I would go with the larger iPad Air.

With all the wi-fi hot spots and the fact that you can create a hotspot with your phone you really don't need the extra cost of cellular.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:52 AM
Gold member

Also consider getting the most memory possible when buying a new ipad. My first ipad was only 16 Gigs and I was constantly shuffling audio and video files on and off to make room when we travel. I purchased a new 60 Gig ipad this summer and it holds everything!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 01-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
Ipad club first Tuesday at Colony Cottage Rec Center. Info applies to iPhone, iPad, iPod. 1:30 pm, totally free but arrive early this time of year

I attended this for the first time and it is excellent! The folks who run it are very knowledgeable and even stayed afterwards for individual questions. Go early. It was in the large room at Colony and filled to capacity.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:22 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

I have a book called "I phones for dummies" you welcome to have it-

Heath Duke

CFLGeek.com
(Office) 352-460-1155
(Store) 205 W. North Blvd (441), Leesburg, Fl. 34748
(Website) http://www.ComputerCornerFL.com
Old 01-14-2015, 10:28 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

I get the Icloud message also. You can hit cancel and get out of it. I used to try to enter a password, which I never knew. Ignore it.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 02-17-2015, 08:34 AM

My grandchildren are visiting this week, r there any activities or suggestions for 1 year olds
going on this week or weekend?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.