Lost sound on Samsung TV

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2023, 06:14 AM
Default Lost sound on Samsung TV

I have no sound on my Samsung TV. I stream YouTube and other sites through ROKU. Tlhe sound stopped yesterday. I have done a Settings Audio search without success. I am sure someone knows exactly what I need to do in order to get sound back. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2023, 06:19 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 535 Posts
Default Reset

Try resetting your modem. (Unplug everything for a couple of minutes including the television and modem cable along with power plugs), the restart takes a little time but you should have everything working again. Some devices store information that bog down your system.

You can also rest your stick How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device|System restart or factory reset your streaming device

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning

Last edited by Normal; 04-10-2023 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-10-2023, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Try resetting your modem. (Unplug everything for a couple of minutes including the television and modem cable along with power plugs), the restart takes a little time but you should have everything working again. Some devices store information that bog down your system.

You can also rest your stick How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device|System restart or factory reset your streaming device

GREAT, thank you it worked and I have sound. Have a great day NORMAL you have done your good deed for the day.
Old 04-10-2023, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
I have no sound on my Samsung TV. I stream YouTube and other sites through ROKU. Tlhe sound stopped yesterday. I have done a Settings Audio search without success. I am sure someone knows exactly what I need to do in order to get sound back. Thanks.
I am assuming you still have video which means your internet is still working.

I don't have Roku or Samsung so I don't know what settings are available but some things you might try:

- Did the Audio selection on the TV get changed to External Speakers that you don't actually have?
- Is there a mute button that might have been pressed accidentally?
- You could try unplugging the TV for 10 seconds (my Sony sometimes needs this)
- You could try unplugging the Roku for 10 seconds (my Firestick sometimes needs this though I've never had the problem you describe)
- You could try switching the TV input to Antenna. If the TV will show static and not just a blank screen then you could see if you get static through your TV speakers too. At least you would have an idea that the TV can still make sounds. (don't forget to switch the input back to your Roku)

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
sound, samsung, lost, order, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.