Iphone Or Samsung Galaxy

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2015, 07:49 PM

Imitation is the sincerest format of flattery, Samsung has never introduced an original product and wouldn't have had a smartphone or tablet if it weren't for Apple. Their hardware and software are from the same company so they are not dependent on another company for updates.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Platinum member

I've had the Samsung Galaxy and liked it. Our son who developed one of the smartphones - the Sidekick - recommended that I try the Google Nexus which uses the android operating system. He said it has less bloatware. I love it. It is faster and more reliable than my Samsung Galaxy. I was able to get it unlocked so it is much cheaper.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I compared it to the iPhone 6 Plus; the Note 4 won out.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:34 PM
Gold member

We have all apple products. iphone 4s, iphone 5s, ipad, mac book air, mac mini, apple airport router. We couldn't be happier! No virus issues, no crashes, everything syncs automatically, face time with the grandkids is great. Sharing photos and info is simple.

I agree with others who stated that the Apple customer service can't be beat! If you call for help, they will solve your problem. CS is in the US and they know their stuff.

Hubby and I both got ipads about 4 yrs ago, and i didn't really like the functions of the ipad. After 3 months I went to the Apple store to ask if they could help me learn to use it more efficiently.

After hearing my needs the manager told me I would be much happier with a Mac Book Air. The price was about the same. He traded me straight across for the Mac Book Air!!

Took my 3 month old ipad and gave me a NEW mac book air. They wanted me to be happy and have the device that would work best for me. Now that is customer service.

The Mac Book Air has been perfect for my needs and they got a loyal customer for life.

I would never considered anything else after that! I am eyeing the iphone 6. But my 5s has no problem at all, nor does hubby's 4s. So we may wait for the 7.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Bosoxfan

Thank you all for your responses.I'm due for an upgrade soon & I think I'll stick with the Samsung.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinricci View Post
Imitation is the sincerest format of flattery, Samsung has never introduced an original product and wouldn't have had a smartphone or tablet if it weren't for Apple. Their hardware and software are from the same company so they are not dependent on another company for updates.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:19 AM

Both are very good products. I have an I pad I am using to make this post. But I have had the S2,3 & now the 5. Very happy with them all. Two things I don't like about the iPhone were at the.time screen to small and many times having phone conversations with I phone users call quality not very good in voice dept.
If you are an apple family you would like the sync feature. You can do the same with apps for the Galaxy and windows but does tak an additional app.
Love the droid platform however.��
Old 02-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Yeah, this question is a little like asking Ford or Chevy....

As some have indicated, I think it might depends upon your computing eco system. I have an Apple eco system, so the iPhone works best for me. Most of the people we communicate with [imessage, FaceTime, etc.] all have iPhones too.

Both OS's have their strengths and weaknesses. In fact, like most things, a strength is also a weakness, to some. For instance, Android has a very open system; easy to modify and change. Apple has a very closed system and allows no modification by anyone, other than themselves. In my case, I call the closed Apple OS a strength, but others complain that you aren't able make changes.

Both are good products and your own usage will dictate which product is best for you.

Last edited by memason; 02-08-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Eternal Member

I like my Samsung Galaxy. It's an S2. I was having a small issue with it. Took it to Sprint and they downloaded the new operating system which was great because I don't have to upgrade my phone now. I also have a Samsung tablet.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:27 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

The major difference that we face is that iphones are always cost effective to replace the screens. Android phones are generally a "throw away" technology.
(Office) 352-460-1155
(Store) 205 W. North Blvd (441), Leesburg, Fl. 34748
(Website) http://www.ComputerCornerFL.com
Old 03-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Veteran member

Whatever you use, stay integrated. I have an iPhone, 2 iPads and am very sorry I have a new (last year) PC. A Mac is in my future.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I have the iPhone The main reason is I like the Mac operating system . I find it very user friendly.

I should qualify this by stating that I have an iMac desktop, a MacBook Pro laptop, two iPads, an iPod and and iPod Shuffle. I had an iPhone 4s and just upgraded to an iPhone 6 Plus. I would never go back to a Windows based system. It seem archaic to me.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

the queston is, iphone or new galaxy 6 that came out today. This will be my first smart phone. My husband has the galaxy 5, so he can teach me.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:43 AM
deestatham

I just bought an IPhone 6 and so far, don't like it. Attended the class and bought the manual. Too much to learn! I actually bought it so I could download TV GPS app. Quite frankly, I liked my little old flip phone better but I guess I'll get used to it! And to think I worked for AT&T for 30 years!!!
Old 04-11-2015, 06:38 AM
Platinum member

OMG, I just got iPhone 6 Plus and just love it! In fact, just purchased Apple Watch yesterday. Will be paired with my iPhone.
Tampa, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.