Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2021, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by butlerism View Post
Dear Fools.

Minimize your cyber foot print.
Do nothing payment related on your cell phone.
Change your credit card numbers twice per year. Very simple, just go to the branch.
Checks, yes old fashioned checks, are the most secure form of payment.
Next Cash.
Then you get into cards.
Avoid them.
A tad paranoid are we? I was ok with your post until you took the "superior road" by telling people what to do......the ultimate insult.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-15-2021, 01:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrocarrasco01@yahoo.com View Post
It’s all about MONEY, Apple gets a transaction fee each time it’s used.
You can just ignore it and not set it up, like I did.
This is true, all CCs take a piece of the action. The difference between them are the services they provide for that fee. It's not like you are getting nothing for the fee.

And as others have said, I love having my Apple Watch make payments (I just wish it would quit asking if I just fell down - LOL).
Old 08-15-2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Dear Fools.

Change your credit card numbers twice per year. Very simple, just go to the branch.
Next Cash.
Then you get into cards.
Avoid them.
Just wondering what makes you the secure payment authority or is this just your opinion?
Old 08-15-2021, 02:35 PM
Default Apple Pay is Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBlt6 View Post
I use Apple Pay on my watch. It’s easy and secure. I use the credit card of my choice for Apple Pay. I love it.
I cannot believe I waited so long getting Apple Pay. I pay my balance in full each month, which I do for every one of my other credit cards. I earn cashback on all of my purchases with Apple Pay. I have accumulated over $100 in cash back. I highly recommend it.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:00 PM
Default Apple Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBlt6 View Post
I use Apple Pay on my watch. It’s easy and secure. I use the credit card of my choice for Apple Pay. I love it.
Thanks for the idea. If I have Apple Pay and wear an iWatch, exactly how does it work to pay for an item and can you use it with any or at least most stores? Thanks!
Old 08-15-2021, 04:05 PM

Apple pay is not a credit card....rather it is a touchless payment system the utilizes your own credit cards. Easy to use your iPhone rather than pull out a wallet and credit card. I went to a store and when I got to check out, I discovered I forgot my wallet and money clip. But always having my iPhone on me, I asked if they took Apple Pay....and completed the transaction.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:17 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,783 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersweeney View Post
Thanks to the the senator from Del for sticking up for MBNA and the rest of the pac over the last 50 years we have our insane CC rates - keep the poor -poor….
The poor kept themselves poor by using cc’s. When we were dirt poor we did not use a credit card which means no new cars, clothes, fancy phone and TV privileges, eating out, etc. Money was budgeted strictly every month with a reserve envelope for emergencies until we worked hard and long enough to get ahead. But then we didn’t smoke or do pot, no tattoos, no sports tickets, no travel and you get the idea. It doesn’t happen overnight. To this day, we have never paid one red cent to cc interest.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Dear Fools.

Next Cash.
Then you get into cards.
Avoid them.
You realize that paper checks can be (and are) stolen with your name on them, your ID info in your wallet can be stolen and then used to cash checks. CC # can be used but proper set up and security methods take all the risk from you. You can be notified via text of every charge (or any amount over your selected level), which the text on your phone will appear usually before your leave the counter. You can freeze your credit account at the credit bureaus and social security so that no one can open a fraudulent CC in your name. With some CCs you also can get a CC # that is only for digital use and is tied to your account at the cc company. Or, if you still live like it's 1965, you can stuff all your money under your mattress, or bury it in the back yard....your choice...it is not my choice.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Dear Fools.

Next Cash.
Then you get into cards.
Avoid them.
If you want the most safest form of transactions, you can use bitcoin or some other digital currency.....but I am guessing that is out of your comfort zone too.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp243 View Post
Thanks for the idea. If I have Apple Pay and wear an iWatch, exactly how does it work to pay for an item and can you use it with any or at least most stores? Thanks!
There are several things here.

Online many vendors accept Apple Pay service for payment and it will be listed in the checkout, where you pick a CC, or PayPal, etc.

Contactless payment at Brick and Mortar - like gas pumps, stores etc. Where you stick in your CC many (most?) of those machines you can simply double click your iPhone and it talks to the machine and makes the payment. (If you do that, you don't have to sign in most cases, Apple Pay does not require a signature).

The watch works in conjunction with the iPhone in making payments various ways.

It all works together and pretty seamlessly. NOT everyone accepts it yet, but it is spreading rapidly.

It is very secure, using Apples Biometric security system and more. And the customer service is excellent when there is any problem.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligas View Post
If you want the most safest form of transactions, you can use bitcoin or some other digital currency.....but I am guessing that is out of your comfort zone too.
I think, and I don't know the individual, but I think the issue is staying below the radar and not allowing anyone to know who you are or what you are buying.

I understand it, I personally don't care if someone knows who and I am what I have purchased.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Dear Fools.

Next Cash.
Then you get into cards.
Avoid them.
Actually, checks are in of the least secure forms of payment. Credit cards are the most secure after cash.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,783 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkerr View Post
Actually, checks are in of the least secure forms of payment. Credit cards are the most secure after cash.
ACH is probably the most secure method.
Closed Thread

Tags
iphone, update, applepay, totv, coming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.