Ipod?

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Platinum member
Default Ipod?

I am going on a cruise and want to take my iTunes collection with me, I am really confused. I am told to turn my iPhone off to avoid any roaming charges. If it is off, I can't listen to iTunes.

If I get an iPod, can I then listen to iTunes. I am just getting older and way too behind to keep up with all of this.

Thanks for any replies.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Gold member
Default If you've downloaded your iTunes to your phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I am going on a cruise and want to take my iTunes collection with me, I am really confused. I am told to turn my iPhone off to avoid any roaming charges. If it is off, I can't listen to iTunes.

If I get an iPod, can I then listen to iTunes. I am just getting older and way too behind to keep up with all of this.

Thanks for any replies.
then you don't need to be connected to listen to them...just turn the 3g and wifi off in your system preferences and go to your music icon...click and listen...if you don't hear anything then you have all your songs stored in the iCloud and need to download whatever you want to hear to your phone...yes it will take up space, but when you return to the states you can delete them from your phone....they'll still be in the iCloud
Old 04-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post

Thanks for any replies.
You don't need to turn your iPhone off. You just need to put it into airplane mode, so it will not try to connect and roam. In airplane mode, you can still listen to all the music you have on the iPhone. In this respect, your iPhone will be an iPod.

Many ships have free WiFi that you can connect to for the days activities, etc. This WiFi will NOT get you to the internet for email, etc. While in airplane mode, you can go back into settings and turn on WiFi. This will not cost you anything, unless you decide to purchase an internet package on the ship to get to the internet.

Enjoy your cruise!
Old 04-09-2015, 09:06 AM
Platinum member

Thank you for the replies.

I had lost my iTunes, but called Apple and they sent them all back to me, because I had bought them. Now I will take my phone and put it on airplane mode and listen away! Will have to study up on "the cloud" and check into getting the tunes on my phone first.

Thanks again!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.