Issue with USB and Otium Beats earbuds.....

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2021, 09:55 AM
Veteran member
Default Issue with BLUETOOTH and Otium Beats earbuds.....

Here’s an annoying problem that I’ve been unable to resolve even after reading and doing all of the “fixes” found in researching this....

Upon booting my Dell laptop, my Otium Beats will not connect. The settings say that they are “paired”. The only way they will “connect” is for me to do a “restart” of the laptop (NOT a full power off reboot). And yes, the Beats are in “discovery mode” when I attempt to connect.

Once the laptop “restarts”, the Otium Beats connect right away automatically. During my use, I can shut off the Beats, turn them back on and they connect immediately..... Soooo. I have done the following:

—Removed and re-installed the Laptop’s BLUETOOH drivers
—In settings, turned BLUETOOTH off, waited a minute or so, turned BLUETOOTH back on
—Factory reset the Otium Beats several times
—Removed the Otium Beats from the list of BLUETOOTH paired devices and “re- discovered them. However, getting them paired again will only work after I do the “re-start” procedure.
—I have made sure that the Beats are in “discovery mode” every time I try to connect to the laptop.
—I turn BLUETOOTH off on my cell phone which is the only device nearby that is paired with the Beats
—When connecting the Beats with my cell phone, they connect immediately

The Beats will stay connected all day long with the laptop (laptop stays on) even if I were to turn them off and come back later and turn them back on..... then the connection is immediate. If I walk out of range and come back in range, the Beats connect immediately....

So, all is OK until I power down the laptop..... The following day, the cycle starts all over again...... I have to fully boot the laptop and then do a “re-start” ...... Once the re-start is completed, then the Beats connect immediately....

Any thoughts ??

Last edited by jarodrig; 02-20-2021 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

Sounds complicated. But, are you confusing USB with Bluetooth? They are two different technologies.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Sounds complicated. But, are you confusing USB with Bluetooth? They are two different technologies.
Yes ! Thanks to pointing that out.....

I edited my post but could not figure out how to edit the subject line, if that’s even possible without the aid of a moderator.......

Last edited by jarodrig; 02-20-2021 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2021, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
Yes ! Thanks to pointing that out.....

I edited my post but could not figure out how to edit the subject line, if that’s even possible without the aid of a moderator.......
To edit the subject, click on "edit" and then "advanced".

But, I can't fix your bluetooth issue. I never can get any bluetooth devices to connect on a regular, consistent basis. They seem to have a mind of their own.
Old 02-20-2021, 01:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
To edit the subject, click on "edit" and then "advanced".

But, I can't fix your bluetooth issue. I never can get any bluetooth devices to connect on a regular, consistent basis. They seem to have a mind of their own.
Excellent, thanks...... all fixed now.....
Closed Thread

Tags
beats, laptop, connect, otium, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.