Live Mail problem

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2023, 06:43 AM
Default Live Mail problem

I am still using Live Mail and have run into a problem. I also use Firefox not Microsoft. I have two emails stuck in the out box which is stopping me from opening my mail. All I show is the small box with the words Hide Stop and Details on the right hand side, then a green line and below that the message that two emails are stuck in the Send box. I cannot open my email box at all.

I have searched through all the settings and found nothing to help. I am away from TV and have no access to computer help.

Would appreciate any information. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2023, 04:45 PM

Windows Live Mail is designed to run on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, but was also compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 10. Office 365, Hotmail, Live Mail, MSN Mail, and all Microsoft mail programs ceased functionality with Windows Live Mail. The End of Life deadline was June 30, 2016. The End of Support for Windows Live Mail was Janurary 10, 2017. Microsoft mail programs are not the only mail services that no longer support Windows Live Mail. It is simply out of date with current mail standards.

The only sane recommendation is to update to a currently supported email client. There are quite a few to choose from.
Old 07-10-2023, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,464 Times in 3,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Windows Live Mail is designed to run on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, but was also compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 10. Office 365, Hotmail, Live Mail, MSN Mail, and all Microsoft mail programs ceased functionality with Windows Live Mail. The End of Life deadline was June 30, 2016. The End of Support for Windows Live Mail was Janurary 10, 2017. Microsoft mail programs are not the only mail services that no longer support Windows Live Mail. It is simply out of date with current mail standards.

The only sane recommendation is to update to a currently supported email client. There are quite a few to choose from.
I'd stick with browser-based e-mail instead of a stand-alone client.
Old 07-10-2023, 08:42 PM

Browser based email apps have been my preference for a long while. But some people prefer otherwise. I still get urges to go back to mailx.
Closed Thread

Tags
box, mail, live, emails, stuck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.