Facebook

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2018, 09:43 PM
Default Facebook

I only show 6 posts with a message if I want to see more post I need more friends. Something new w FB ?
Old 09-28-2018, 10:29 PM
Sage

This......

TECH
Facebook says 50 MILLION affected by security breach
Old 09-28-2018, 10:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Facebook has temporarily disabled your ability to see your own FB page in the same view as how visitors to your page view it. They've also tweaked some other security stuff in the past couple of days. Try logging completely out, closing your app or browser (depending on what you use to access it), and then opening it back up and logging back in. That might reset your friends list. Either that or no one likes you anymore
Old 09-29-2018, 06:18 AM
Sage
Default Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilorilori View Post
I only show 6 posts with a message if I want to see more post I need more friends. Something new w FB ?
Try clicking your name in the blue header way at the top. To the right of your tiny photo. In the same header you will see a drop down arrow. It is the last thing in the row. Click that. You will see "news feed preferences". Click that then you will see "Prioritize who you see first". Click that and click up to thirty friends whose news feed you want to see first. The ones you don't click should show up after these 30.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

TOTV is as close as I ever want to get to participating in social media.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
and I HATE that my grandchildren use it! Too much information floating out in cyber space for anyone to lock on to.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-29-2018, 09:18 AM
fw102807

Quote:
TOTV is the worst. You don't even have to have an account to read all the posts. Strangers from all over the world can be reading them.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

A really good friend of mine schooled me within the last 24 hours on security. I've been considering cancelling Facebook and finally figured out how to do it. I will be more careful in the future, NOTHING I can do about what has already occurred. I was shown what's possible, it's amazing and eyeopening. Glad I had someone to care about us as we did.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I like Facebook.

Every day I can see the kids I taught, old friends now scattered all over the continent, kids from my high school who meet monthly back home. Old neighbors and mostly our family who are everywhere. If you are careful you are safe.

Every day I am bolstered by friends, made to laugh and see what other people are thinking. I try not to post anything political but I read others views. I have to say that those who I have known for forty or fifty years have the same outlook on things as we do. It is so much fun to see old friends grandchildren achieve amazing things, but no surprise, hard work and integrity are passed from generation to generation.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:25 AM
Sage

I signed onto Facebook many years ago. Within one minute, someone I didn't know wanted to be my friend. It spooked me, so I deleted my account.

My need to privacy precludes knowing what some other people are doing on social media. I feel safe on TOTV.

Today's DS informed us there was a security breach today.

Too much information being displayed which can be utilized
for bad purposes. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-29-2018, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Every day I can see the kids I taught, old friends now scattered all over the continent, kids from my high school who meet monthly back home. Old neighbors and mostly our family who are everywhere. If you are careful you are safe.

Every day I am bolstered by friends, made to laugh and see what other people are thinking. I try not to post anything political but I read others views. I have to say that those who I have known for forty or fifty years have the same outlook on things as we do. It is so much fun to see old friends grandchildren achieve amazing things, but no surprise, hard work and integrity are passed from generation to generation.
I can keep up with people I knew in the 1970s in Reno, Nevada; 1980s in Denver and Minneapolis; 1990s in Rohnert Park and other places in CA; 2000 in Palm Harbor , FL and elsewhere. And I can chat with celebrities in many fields. All on Facebook.

I delete friends as soon as I see something off about them but do expose myself to some risk.

I have several women friends who never use Facebook as far I know or use it very rarely.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Also, I don't have the time for social media. As it is, there are not enough hours in the day for me .

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-29-2018, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Also, I don't have the time for social media. As it is, there are not enough hours in the day for me .
Facebook is very time consuming and you are never quite sure whom you are talking to with this social media. I got a message from one very famous female celebrity who asked me if I liked kids but I still cannot figure out if this was her or one of the people who reads her Facebook page or someone else altogether. And it is not like I am going fly off to wherever this celebrity might be filming a movie.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
I find Facebook scary, so much personal information is divulged there.
And when they have a security breach, there are millions of people involved.
Supposedly Facebook (Zuckerman) is reporting the security breach as a "vulnerability".

Last edited by Barefoot; 09-30-2018 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Twitter is a quick and broad based info source. Instagram is for picture sharing. They all are useful in their own way.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
post, friends, show, posts, message

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.