Recycling computer items

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Gold member
Unhappy Recycling computer items

I really don't have a computer question but today I went to the Lady Lake recycling center with a color printer, a couple of surge protectors, a clic drive, a zip disc drive, and a scanner. I have had these items in my garage ever since I moved here and can't remember when I used these items last. However I feel badly as most of these items still work. I just feel bad that we sometimes trash items that still work. I still have 3 surge suppressers and battery backups that I couldn't just send them for recycling. If anyone is interested in these items I would be glad to give them away.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 05-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

jr, if no one wants them here, you can always do a post on freecycle.org -- there's one for Lady Lake and one for The Villages. freecycle are online communities that recycle all kinds of items by posting either things to offer or things that are needed via Yahoo Groups. I've given many things away there from a safe with a hole in the bottom to an old fridge (still had a couple of years left in it) to miscellaneous junk.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-14-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
I really don't have a computer question but today I went to the Lady Lake recycling center with a color printer, a couple of surge protectors, a clic drive, a zip disc drive, and a scanner. I have had these items in my garage ever since I moved here and can't remember when I used these items last. However I feel badly as most of these items still work. I just feel bad that we sometimes trash items that still work. I still have 3 surge suppressers and battery backups that I couldn't just send them for recycling. If anyone is interested in these items I would be glad to give them away.

John
FYI, Radio Shack, and probably others, will take old battery backup units for recycle. I just gave them one about a month ago.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Gold member

Thats good to know about Radio Shack. I was not aware of that. Which Radio Shack did you go to?

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 05-14-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrheydt View Post
Thats good to know about Radio Shack. I was not aware of that. Which Radio Shack did you go to?

John
It was in Tennessee but I'm fairly certain that any Radio Shack will take them.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.