MOHU HDTV Antenna

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2016, 07:28 AM
Default MOHU HDTV Antenna

We just bought a house in Charlotte and would like to avoid cable TV if possible. We have a MOHU attic antenna (in Michigan) that works VERY well. Has anyone had experience with MOHU or another omni-directional antenna? What channels can you get?
Old 01-12-2016, 07:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Orlando is 60+ miles away to the southeast. With the right antenna you can get over 50 channels but many you may not be interested in. Under some infrequently occurring conditions, NBC can be a challenge. The other biggies such as ABC, CBS, and FOX are never a problem, at least for us south of 466A. I have a directional antenna installed by Tom at TheVillagesAV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverIslandGuy View Post
We just bought a house in Charlotte and would like to avoid cable TV if possible. We have a MOHU attic antenna (in Michigan) that works VERY well. Has anyone had experience with MOHU or another omni-directional antenna? What channels can you get?
Old 01-12-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Orlando is 60+ miles away to the southeast. With the right antenna you can get over 50 channels but many you may not be interested in. Under some infrequently occurring conditions, NBC can be a challenge. The other biggies such as ABC, CBS, and FOX are never a problem, at least for us south of 466A. I have a directional antenna installed by Tom at TheVillagesAV.com
We are in Lake Deaton, NBC comes in great, our issue is with WUCF especially when Downton is on and it decides to get flaky. Loving not paying a cable bill.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:44 AM
Veteran member
Default TV by Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverIslandGuy View Post

I have an antenna, get about 6 channels out of Orlando, when i rotate, get out of Gainesville. Depends where you live.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Old 01-12-2016, 02:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post

I think I agree. Just picturing him rotating to get a better view of Gainesville. ::

Tags
mohu, antenna, experience, works, omni-directional, channels, charlotte, house, bought, hdtv, attic, avoid, cable, michigan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.