Monitor Going Black

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2017, 11:22 AM
Default Monitor Going Black

My monitor turns on & then immediately goes black. I push the button on monitor to put it off & then again to put it on. It stays on for about 2 seconds & then goes black. Checked all wires. Is it time for a new monitor? Thank you.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,240 Posts

If your monitor has an HDMI input, try plugging it in to an HDMI source, DVD player, DVR, etc. if it does the same thing, then yes, I agree get a new monitor. If it works, then you MIGHT have a problem with the video function on your computer. In that case I would take your computer to another monitor, most TV sets have suitable inputs. In this case, set the TV to the correct input, turn on the computer and see what happens, if you still get the black screen after 2 seconds, you need a computer tech.
Hope this helps.
PS has this happen to another villager, and it was the monitor.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:13 PM

Hi - I found this user's solution on the internet. I don't know if it would work for you but worth a try.

Hi folks,
I had this problem with my monitor: after boot, monitor comes on for just about 1-2 seconds then goes
to black.

SOLUTION: Mine was solved by changing the display color quality from high (32-bit) to medium (16-bit).
(YES, I had to repeatedly hit the monitor button and quickly move the mouse to do these steps, which was quite challenging)

ALT-CLICK on a blank spot of the desktop; from the dropdown menu, choose PROPERTIES.

Click on the SETTINGS tab, where you'll see COLOR QUALITY dropdown box. Mine was set to High (32-bit).
I clicked on the dropdown arrow and chose MEDIUM (16-bit), and this solved my problem.

Hope it solves yours!
Old 06-10-2017, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,240 Posts

Good for you, and thanks for posting the solution.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:17 AM

Since I only had the I-phone, I didn't get to read your answers. Hubby went out and bought a new one for $88. Thank you for your responses.

Tags
monitor, black, put, wires, seconds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.