Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2017, 01:10 PM
Default Need computer help

with windows live and google chrome
Old 09-22-2017, 01:44 PM
Veteran member

Windows Live - Wikipedia
Windows Live - Wikipedia
Windows Live is a discontinued brand-name for a set of web services and software products from Microsoft as part of their software plus services platform.

Might this be the issue?
If I remember correctly this was fashioned to work with their browsers.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

OP, can you be more specific, if you are talking about windows 10 and Google chrome, I have been able to use chrome under windows 10, however, i have had it crash 2 or 3 times, and once it crashes, it took me a long time to get rid of the files causing the crash, as chrome does NOT uninstall completely, and as far as I can figure out you cannot "fix", "refresh", or otherwise repair it without first completely deleting it. I only use chrome as a last resort if noe of the other browsers (IE11, Edge, Firefox, etc) do not work.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, can you be more specific, if you are talking about windows 10 and Google chrome, I have been able to use chrome under windows 10, however, i have had it crash 2 or 3 times, and once it crashes, it took me a long time to get rid of the files causing the crash, as chrome does NOT uninstall completely, and as far as I can figure out you cannot "fix", "refresh", or otherwise repair it without first completely deleting it. I only use chrome as a last resort if noe of the other browsers (IE11, Edge, Firefox, etc) do not work.
I regret purchasing this HP Windows 10 laptop. Using a Mac for years has spoiled me. I prefer to turn on the computer and use it not have to figure out a fix constantly. What a shame. My Mac desktop is about 7 years old and flawless. You get what you pay for.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:02 PM

windows live can install in win 10. Its been done many times.

Chrome runs fine in Windows.
Run a disk check to see if the PC might have some small corruption that is making
things difficult.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:18 PM
fw102807

It is impossible to diagnose issues like this without knowing the steps involved to reproduce the problem and any error messages or logs that were produced. HP laptops like many others come pre-loaded with bloatware and any programs you may have installed introduce further variables. Microsoft does not play well with others. You need to consult a technician.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:51 AM
Veteran member

I did a presentation on The Chromebook at The Connected Computer Meeting.

It is a different kind of computer, it uses chrome for it's browser (of course, it's Google) and is designed to work from the web. 99% of the time we are on our computers surfing the web, or doing our banking or on Facebook, Twitter, etc. We don't really need the power of a PC, with all it's requirements ( constant updates and virus protection etc.). With the Chromebook you never get a virus, malware, have to wait for updates or wait 2-5 minutes for it to come up.

I wrote my first computer program in 1969 and have worked on MANY different computers (including the IBM mainframe). I now use my Chromebook 99% of the time. I still have a laptop because some programs are not on the cloud yet, but foresee not needing to use it in the next year or two.

You can check out my presentation with the link below:

Why a CHROMEBOOK_.pdf - Google Drive
Old 10-25-2017, 08:57 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
I did a presentation on The Chromebook at The Connected Computer Meeting.

It is a different kind of computer, it uses chrome for it's browser (of course, it's Google) and is designed to work from the web. 99% of the time we are on our computers surfing the web, or doing our banking or on Facebook, Twitter, etc. We don't really need the power of a PC, with all it's requirements ( constant updates and virus protection etc.). With the Chromebook you never get a virus, malware, have to wait for updates or wait 2-5 minutes for it to come up.

I wrote my first computer program in 1969 and have worked on MANY different computers (including the IBM mainframe). I now use my Chromebook 99% of the time. I still have a laptop because some programs are not on the cloud yet, but foresee not needing to use it in the next year or two.

You can check out my presentation with the link below:

Why a CHROMEBOOK_.pdf - Google Drive
Excellent presentation. I have never been a big fan of Microsoft and hate IE but have made a living using it. I do in fact have an android phone and love it. I think when I finally need to replace my laptop this is the way I will go.
Closed Thread

Tags
google, chrome, live, windows, computer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.