Need help in Connecting a new DVD player to TV........ I am not a techie person

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2021, 08:52 AM

I feel your pain. I have a ROKU and cable. Plugged the ROKU into HDMI2 and couldn't get it to work. Nothing in the "manuals" suggested why. On a whim put the ROKU into HDMI1 and the cable into HDMI2. Problem solved. No idea why.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:07 AM
Cool David W

Join the Geek Squad at Best Buy, It will be the best $200.00 you ever spent. The Geeks will come out and hook up your TV. Any time you need help again you can have them come out for $50.00. You can have them come out without joining for $100.00 but I think joining was well worth the price and I use them a lot. I owned a company which I built from $400,000 into a company doing 10 million dollars a year in sales. I did not grow up with computers. I had a partner who was somewhat worthless that all he wanted to do was play with the computers. I handled everything else including running the day to day business. My partner retired 7 years before I did and then I hired IT people as I had 28 employees. I purchased canned software made specifically for the office products industry. I built an office supply store competing with Staples, Office Max, Office Depot and many other companies into a commercial business doing 10 million dollars a year in sales. Before buying the business I was sales manager for a wholesaler selling to office supply retailers in four states. I drove 40,000 miles a year and received a new company car of my choice, which was a perk every two to three years. Almost all of the retailers failed once staples opened up. I had an owner in Delaware commit suicide, many people I knew lost their homes, it was a tough time. I know what I an doing, have the Geek Squad come out,
Old 02-23-2021, 10:29 AM
Default If you still need help

If you still need help, let me know and I would be happy to come over and get it working for you. Just send me an email to benandvicki@gmail.com and we can work out the details.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:29 AM

It appears this problem has been solved. Good. IF this should happen again I will call my grandson he is eleven he can walk you through it.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:58 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,757 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Not knowing the what tv remote you have, I suggest that you go to YouTube and search for "connect DVD player to tv" Watch one or more how to videos. Watch it several times. You will amaze yourself with new to you technology skills you can learn. Good Luck!!!
Very good advice, I did this, and yes, had to watch the utube video for attaching my DVD to my model of Samsung, but, it worked !
Old 02-23-2021, 11:03 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwickman View Post
Join the Geek Squad at Best Buy, It will be the best $200.00 you ever spent. The Geeks will come out and hook up your TV. Any time you need help again you can have them come out for $50.00. You can have them come out without joining for $100.00 but I think joining was well worth the price and I use them a lot. I owned a company which I built from $400,000 into a company doing 10 million dollars a year in sales. I did not grow up with computers. I had a partner who was somewhat worthless that all he wanted to do was play with the computers. I handled everything else including running the day to day business. My partner retired 7 years before I did and then I hired IT people as I had 28 employees. I purchased canned software made specifically for the office products industry. I built an office supply store competing with Staples, Office Max, Office Depot and many other companies into a commercial business doing 10 million dollars a year in sales. Before buying the business I was sales manager for a wholesaler selling to office supply retailers in four states. I drove 40,000 miles a year and received a new company car of my choice, which was a perk every two to three years. Almost all of the retailers failed once staples opened up. I had an owner in Delaware commit suicide, many people I knew lost their homes, it was a tough time. I know what I an doing, have the Geek Squad come out,
Wow, $100 or $200 to connect a $50 DVD to watch some redbox movies sounds like a lot of $$ out of a monthly SS or pension but, maybe not for some. I'd find a utube to watch, also found retired man the department at WM where I bought my DVD player was really good at explaining how to connect it via the hdmi or something like that, sold me the correct cable and drew a diagram for me. Also, must be someone in your villa area, a neighbor, who can do a simple thing like plug this in for you without costing hundreds !
Old 02-23-2021, 11:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfarmer3 View Post
If you still need help, let me know and I would be happy to come over and get it working for you. Just send me an email to benandvicki@gmail.com and we can work out the details.
Now that is a kind gesture !
Old 02-23-2021, 11:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwickman View Post
Why not just go help this person, probably would take you less than 10 minutes to help out, and save hundreds for him/her/them, while you make a new good friend and neighbor and use the skills you have, which is a lot more than most of us !
Old 02-24-2021, 10:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Very good advice, I did this, and yes, had to watch the utube video for attaching my DVD to my model of Samsung, but, it worked !
Yay !!! Feels good to offer a suggestion that helps someone .
Closed Thread

Tags
hdmi, dvd, amplifier, choices, unit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.