Need help finding a streaming service

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2022, 11:20 PM
Default Need help finding a streaming service

We need to get away from xfinity. .... TV, house phone and computer.
Considering a change to Century Link for computer ... or possibly stay with Xfinity for that ???
However, for streaming we would like all football, basketball and baseball.
NFL, NBA and college. We like HGTV, Hallmark, Fox News and Weather Channel.

Someone told me that they had ALL the sports and other channels that we like
for just $39 but that was when we did not think we needed it. Xfinity prices have
gone up again !

Please tell me your experiences . THANK YOU
Old 10-01-2022, 03:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Try the website, "suppose.tv". You enter all the channels you want and it will list the streaming services you need to get those channels for the lowest price. Very useful.
Old 10-01-2022, 10:32 AM
Default thanks for SUPPOSE.TV

This looks amazing and a challenge ... to choose the right options .. then eliminate what isn't necessary etc. Excited to search it AFTER watching the PURDUE football game today! THANK YOU.
Old 10-01-2022, 02:28 PM

Recently heard about a streaming service here in the villages.
Supposedly $100.00/yr
There is a guy here who sets it up for you. Forgot his name.
Not sure how good it is.
Maybe others can chime in who know about it.
Old 10-01-2022, 02:52 PM

We stream FUBO they carry a lot of sports.
check out Clark Howard on the web , his site compares the major streaming services.
I think Century link is now Quantum fiber. That is our WIFI provider.
Old 10-01-2022, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,456 Times in 3,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigallis1 View Post
Recently heard about a streaming service here in the villages.
Supposedly $100.00/yr
There is a guy here who sets it up for you. Forgot his name.
Not sure how good it is.
Maybe others can chime in who know about it.
If there is "a guy who sets it up" for you - rather than an actual company or device you can buy at an actual store, then it's probably BitTorent or similar. What they're doing is setting you up with a "jailbroken" Amazon Firestick (which you can do yourself), and hooking you up with paid services that you now don't have to pay for. In other words, they're providing you with a way to steal intellectual property.

If you have no morals or ethics, or just don't care one way or another, great. But it's important to understand what it is you're doing - so that in case you DO have morals or ethics, you can make the decision that better suits you.

It's also important to know that - while it's rare for anyone to get caught - on the offchance that you DO get caught, there could be lawsuits involved (I don't believe anyone has actually gone to jail for it even though it's technically a crime).
Old 10-02-2022, 05:04 AM

We've been streaming for several years, and it's easy. You need internet connection. We are with CenturyLink on the $45/mo for life plan. You only need 25mbs to stream video, more if you are an online gamer. Having more download speed won't hurt you but 25 is all you need. Then you either have a smart TV that has apps already on it, or you purchase an interface box like ROKU for example. It's very easy to set a box like ROKU up. Then you choose which apps you want. We have YOUTUBETV, but HULU LIVE is also very good. That gets you a lot of channels including all the local ones. You an add other apps as you choose. We also have HULU, HOO MAX, and STARZ. We have PRIME free as a result of being an Amazon Prime member. With YouTubeTV different from video YouTube) you have unlimited recording ability, live TV, and on demand TV. We are in control of our medium, don't have any customer serivice hassels, and don't get annual rate increases. The cost? Half what Comcast charges for a package that goes up each year.
Old 10-02-2022, 06:18 AM

Friends have this service ... But, if the "guy" is out of town and his server goes down you are out of luck. This has been known to happen.
Old 10-02-2022, 06:45 AM

Contact Troy Computers in Summerfield. Been streaming with him for 2 1/2 years.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:00 AM

Spectrum
Old 10-02-2022, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
We've been streaming for several years, and it's easy. You need internet connection. We are with CenturyLink on the $45/mo for life plan. You only need 25mbs to stream video, more if you are an online gamer. Having more download speed won't hurt you but 25 is all you need. Then you either have a smart TV that has apps already on it, or you purchase an interface box like ROKU for example. It's very easy to set a box like ROKU up. Then you choose which apps you want. We have YOUTUBETV, but HULU LIVE is also very good. That gets you a lot of channels including all the local ones. You an add other apps as you choose. We also have HULU, HOO MAX, and STARZ. We have PRIME free as a result of being an Amazon Prime member. With YouTubeTV different from video YouTube) you have unlimited recording ability, live TV, and on demand TV. We are in control of our medium, don't have any customer serivice hassels, and don't get annual rate increases. The cost? Half what Comcast charges for a package that goes up each year.
I installed a TV antenna, purchased wifi from Q.com
I get all the local channels with the antenna plus 59 other channels
I stream Hulu at $1 a month, have Netflix, prime and get Apple TV and paramount free thru my T mobile phone plan
It costs me less than $70 a month for tv and internet including all fees and taxes
Old 10-02-2022, 07:11 AM
Default You Tube tv

Try You Tube tv free - put shows in the library and free dvr for everything then add some movie streams or amazom prime
Old 10-02-2022, 07:13 AM
Default Streaming

Get an Amazon Fire stick. It comes preloaded with Hulu ( which I watch the football games on), Netflix and if you have Amazon Prime you get to watch their content which is great. Just ditch cable, get the fastest internet from whichever you prefer and you will be streaming in 5 minutes.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

In my opinion, the Roku streaming stick is the best one to buy. You can search the internet and add almost any streaming app available to the stick. I have a Roku stick on 3 televisions, even though they are smart TVs. The Roku is much easier to use than a smart TV or any other streaming device I have seen.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:23 AM
Default Leaving xfinity

We are going with utube Rv and Century Link for internet. Very happy with what each offers.
Closed Thread

Tags
xfinity, computer, streaming, sports, channels

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.