Need Help for You Tube on Vizio TV

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2016, 09:21 AM
Default Need Help for You Tube on Vizio TV

I can no longer get You Tube to work on our Vizio smart TV. From what I gather, there must have been some kind of programming change that affected some televisions, apparently including ours. Does anyone have any insight into this, and can you tell me if it can be fixed? Recommendations for a tech person who might come to the house to fix it for us?
Old 05-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjk0908 View Post
I can no longer get You Tube to work on our Vizio smart TV. From what I gather, there must have been some kind of programming change that affected some televisions, apparently including ours. Does anyone have any insight into this, and can you tell me if it can be fixed? Recommendations for a tech person who might come to the house to fix it for us?
Do your other smart features work like Netfix, etc? Is it possible that you could have lost internet connection recently and you need to reconnect to the internet? That just happened to me with Netflix.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:00 AM
Sage

Youtube changed an API that appears to have broken Youtube on older Vizios with Vizio apps. I have seen the problem before. I am not sure if there is a way to fix this - the set I saw it on was not mine and I didn't have time to fuss with it. You might try Googling this and see what pops up and/or calling Vizio. Vizio is well aware of the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjk0908 View Post
Old 05-19-2016, 11:06 AM
Gold member

I have 2 DVD players that won't get Youtube any longer. My Sony Playstation 3 still gets it and I bought 2 Amazon Fire TV things that get everything. They were only $25 each.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I guess you haven't looked at Youtube in a year. April of 2015 Youtube rewrote their software and Vizio TV's older than 2012 lost them. Our 60" Vizio LED Smart TV was purchased in 2012 and we lost Youtube. I went on several message boards and the info I found was, Vizio was working on the problem. About a week later I had read that they had a new app.

Bring up your apps along the bottom of the screen. I think it's the Yahoo Store, scroll through until you find a Youtube app for Vizio and download. It should start working, mine did right away.
Closed Thread

Tags
tube, vizio, insight, person, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.