Need New Printer

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2021, 02:16 PM
Default Printer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadad View Post
Need a new all in one printer for PC. $100-200 range. Any recommendations? Thanks
Go to eBay. I just got a refurbished printer with warranty for under $80. Almost $200 new
Old 02-01-2021, 02:52 PM
Default Tom

Quote:
Need a new all in one printer for PC. $100-200 range. Any recommendations? Thanks
Be sure to buy a printer that can use HP instant ink program.
They somehow feed your printer ink over the net and you never have to buy cartridges and it’s much cheaper than cartridges.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomperrett View Post

be sure to buy a printer that can use hp instant ink program.

they somehow feed your printer ink over the net and you never have to buy cartridges and it’s much cheaper than cartridges.
LOL

I'm going to research how to get into the "ink downloading" business.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post
LOL

I'm going to research how to get into the "ink downloading" business.
I was thinking the same thing.

Who bet there would at least 90 replies to this thread, they are the winner, nobody chose 100.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai Golfer View Post
It is not true that use of an off-brand ink cartridge will void your printer warranty. Though printer manufacturers "recommend" that you use their ink, and often imply that you are at risk, they cannot void your warrant. The federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act of 1975 made this unlawful.
Yes, I stand corrected. However, it doesn't matter. Let's just say for kicks and giggles, you buy a brand new printer. And let's say you use after-market re-filled ink cartridges. And let's say those ink carts are inferior, and haven't been tested by HP and approved for use and their heads have dried out old ink lodged inside them, causing the cartridges to leak by the third month you have them in the printer. And let's say that those cartridges completely ruin your printer.

The warranty is a LIMITED warranty, not a FULL warranty. So you'll have to send the printer back to HP at your cost - they'll discover that some other company's subpar inferior defective products caused the problem AND that you intentionally chose to use those inferior defective products.

So they'll remove the ink cartridges (since that's what caused the problem), clean your printer, and send the printer back to you - at your cost for shipping. And you'll STILL have to buy new inks for them.

Now, you can do this over and over again for the entire first year that there's a limited warranty on the printer.

It'll cost you more than you paid for the printer in the first place, but hey - you saved $3 on ink right?

Or - you can buy the real deal OR the approved substitute (Canon has authorized compatible substitutes) that aren't remanufactured, but are new cartridges, made by the same people who make the actual brand-name cartridges, but simply have a generic label on them.

And you'll save yourself a lot of time, energy, frustration, and money in shipment costs, just to prove that your product is under warranty so you can use the crappy inks and not have to worry about them ruining your printer.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:00 PM

Target
Old 02-01-2021, 06:03 PM

Walmart
Old 02-02-2021, 08:53 AM

I have a Brother All-in-One also and have had it for years. Never any problems and it uses less ink than my previous HP's. I too use non-OEM ink from online sellers.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:53 PM
Default Watch out for the ink cartridge prices!

I love my HP printer, but the ink costs a fortune each time!
I am an 80 year old retired person with no printing needs done for anyone but myself and I need to buy cartridges about twice a year @ $30 each - black & multi. I really don't appreciate the cost of the ink when the printer was such a great price. It's almost less expensive to buy a new printer every year instead of buying ink (I jest, of course)!
Old 02-02-2021, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Yes, I stand corrected. However, it doesn't matter. Let's just say for kicks and giggles, you buy a brand new printer. And let's say you use after-market re-filled ink cartridges. And let's say those ink carts are inferior, and haven't been tested by HP and approved for use and their heads have dried out old ink lodged inside them, causing the cartridges to leak by the third month you have them in the printer. And let's say that those cartridges completely ruin your printer.

The warranty is a LIMITED warranty, not a FULL warranty. So you'll have to send the printer back to HP at your cost - they'll discover that some other company's subpar inferior defective products caused the problem AND that you intentionally chose to use those inferior defective products.

So they'll remove the ink cartridges (since that's what caused the problem), clean your printer, and send the printer back to you - at your cost for shipping. And you'll STILL have to buy new inks for them.

Now, you can do this over and over again for the entire first year that there's a limited warranty on the printer.

It'll cost you more than you paid for the printer in the first place, but hey - you saved $3 on ink right?

Or - you can buy the real deal OR the approved substitute (Canon has authorized compatible substitutes) that aren't remanufactured, but are new cartridges, made by the same people who make the actual brand-name cartridges, but simply have a generic label on them.

And you'll save yourself a lot of time, energy, frustration, and money in shipment costs, just to prove that your product is under warranty so you can use the crappy inks and not have to worry about them ruining your printer.
Since all I need is black and white, buy a laser printer use toner and not worry about ink cartridges ever again
Old 02-03-2021, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I have finally found a printer that meets all of our needs at a reasonable price. It is a Brother MFC-L2750DW. It was on sale when we got it from Amazon and was around $225.00. I did not want a color printer and I learned from other printers in the past that it is not too good to own a two-sided printer that doesn't have a two-sided document feeder. This model has both. I'm not certain of the copies per minute but have found it to be very snappy and reliable. I only buy Brother replacement cartridges and drum units as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with this model. Best of luck with your decision.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:52 PM
Veteran member

https://www.target.com/p/canon-pixma...t_adv_xasd0002
Old 02-06-2021, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Since all I need is black and white, buy a laser printer use toner and not worry about ink cartridges ever again
That's great, but it has nothing to do with the OP's request.

He's looking for an all-in-one. That means he most likely wants color. (Very few people will say they want an all-in-one, and not want color).
Old 02-06-2021, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
I have decided to go with a HP inkjet all in one printer. Thanks for all the feedback!
For those of you that missed it, the OP stated what he was going with about 50 posts ago..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-31-2021, 03:06 PM
Default Printer?

Quote:
If you are looking for an all-in-one without faxing, check the Canon ImageClass series. These are laser printers and I've found them to be more reliable tougher than the HPs.
Closed Thread

Tags
printer, $100-200, range, recommendations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.