Need recommendation for wiring service

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Default Need recommendation for wiring service

Need recommendation for someone to use for wiring problem apparently in the house between the outside phone/internet box and inside jack. Hooked modem up and would not work. Dish checked signal to the house and signal is working up until it comes inside the house. Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:43 PM

I'm a little confused....you mention a phone/ internet box, but then say Dish found the signal strong? Dish offers neither internet nor phone service, so just what is your problem??
Old 12-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,145 Times in 2,245 Posts

OP, if you need internet and phone service, you will need to either arrange this with your cell phone carrier, or get cable service (with NO TV), there may be several options depending on where you live in the villages.
Hope this helps.
Also, I hope DISH did not sell you service indicating that you would get internet and voice. Just occurred to me was this through AT&T or one of the 'phone' companies, if so, you may need to deal with the phone side and not the dish side......Good luck.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post
I'm a little confused....you mention a phone/ internet box, but then say Dish found the signal strong? Dish offers neither internet nor phone service, so just what is your problem??
Dish offers internet services that uses the phone jack, but does not require phone service. Apparently there is a problem between the box outside and the phone jack inside.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:24 AM
Default Is the Cat5 cable connected both ends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arussell View Post
Dish provides a modem for internet service that must be plugged into the phone jack. You do not need phone service, but it uses the wiring from the outside box to phone jack. Apparently there is a problem between the box and the jack.
I would have thought an installer would have connected and fired up the modem since self installation is not permitted.

DISH High-Speed Internet Equipment and Installation | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

Since it seems it is not connected via normal TV/COAX cable, but connects through the data/cat5 wiring (from what I just read online)

Look in your white colored "Leviton" utility box in the garage where the irrigation timer is located.

My house has (five) blue colored Cat5 cables run directly from various rooms to that utility box. They are all connected to the patch panel at the top. However, they have nothing feeding them.

I think that's where your problem lies.

I suspect you need to connect the Dish input to that patch panel to the appropriate Cat5 cable that goes to the jack you've chosen for the modem.

How do I Receive Wireless Internet With DISH Network? | Techwalla.com

Good luck. That may not be the problem but is my initial thought.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:39 PM

Thanks HiHoSteveO! Will have my husband try that. Hopefully it will fix the problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
house, inside, recommendation, wiring, signal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.