Need website help

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2018, 09:43 AM
Question Need website help

I put together a simple website using free tools and advice on you tube. Everything went well EXCEPT I don't get emails from the contact widget. They either disappear or go to spam. I have contacted the hosting site and help sites but nothing has worked. Is there someone I can contact to get advice without spending a lot of money for a professional web designer? I would like to talk to an actual person and I would pay a reasonable amount.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:54 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Someone here might be able to help. A place to start in the Villages.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:58 AM

Do you have a google email account? If so find the mail in spam right click and send it to primary.I wouldn't use any email program but gmail to use with a self developed website. A lot of them are not developer friendly.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:43 PM
Veteran member

Many web hosting companies require that the email address you are sending the emails to match the domain you are using. For instance, if your domain is TRAVELAGENT.COM, the emails sent by your contact form must go to someone@TRAVELAGENT.COM. If you try to send them to someone@gmail.com they won't go through. I just re-did my web site and dealt with this same issue. I created an email account just for the contact form (using my web site domain) and then set that email account up to forward to my gmail account.

Hope this helps.

kathy
Old 12-21-2018, 09:06 AM

Thanks. You are so right about google.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:08 AM

Thanks for you comment. I'm going to do this because I was helping someone. Also, I found it will go to spam and you can un-spam it. Appreciate your help.
Closed Thread

Tags
contact, advice, website, spending, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.