New Computer, Windows 10

New Computer, Windows 10

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 10-06-2019, 08:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post
I have a brand new Windows 10 laptop. I was perfectly happy with my 7 but I'm not complaining. It was a gift. However, I would like to know if there are any Windows 10 teachers out there. I am in a tight squeeze for a time sensitive document I must complete and could use some in home help trying to figure out "One Drive" and how to hook up my printer. I'm willing to pay a reasonable sum for assistance. This weekend would be perfect. (Geez, I hate asking for help, really). Please PM me if you are able to help. Thanks kindly.
If your old PC (W7) is still available, can you use it for this time sensitive project? As for the printer, go to your manufacturers website, look for support, you should be able to download the original manuals as well as the updated drivers. If your printer is hooked up wireless (WiFi), there will typically be a WPS button on your router, and on the printer there will be a menu option or button, you still need the driver on your computer. As noted above, you can purchase MS Office, I did this for my wife. One Drive is a CLOUD storage (aka backup) service. It is your option if you want to use this, I do not for security concerns. I still do some consulting and much of this is on confidential projects.
I am completely tied up this weekend, but if you are still in need of help, send me a PM and I should be able to help during the week.

Old 10-06-2019, 08:38 PM
Veteran member

I use Classic shell on my windows 8.1 version windows ,gives the appearance of Windows 7.
Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2019, 11:52 AM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you have Microsoft Office or any MS software product, this will probably not work. Their licensing for software does not allow you to use the installation disks on another computer. They have a "fingerprint" of the computer where you originally installed the product.
Depends if you have the key card, I also hated going to 10, Lots of my games won’t work in 10
Old 10-09-2019, 02:28 PM

Thanks to all for advice. I finally just bit the bullet and started watching tutorials on You Tube for MS 10 WordPad. I liked Word so much better. I didn't realize I didn't have to save things in One Drive (the cloud). I don't want any of my stuff up in the clouds!! I do not like change, that's my problem!! But thanks to all of you for tips and instructions. Very helpful.

Live Well ~ Laugh Often ~ Love Much

Raised in NJ, then lived in PA, MS, PA, NJ, The Villages for two years, San Diego for 8 years, now a FROG in Caroline since 9/2019.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Thanks to all for advice. I finally just bit the bullet and started watching tutorials on You Tube for MS 10 WordPad. I liked Word so much better. I didn't realize I didn't have to save things in One Drive (the cloud). I don't want any of my stuff up in the clouds!! I do not like change, that's my problem!! But thanks to all of you for tips and instructions. Very helpful.
1. You don't have to save things to the cloud, UNLESS you have a Surface laptop.
2. Not sure why you would want to use WordPad, when LibreOffice has SO much more capability and function and behaves SO much more like MS Word than WordPad ever did, or will.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Watch some YouTubes on switching to Linux, you might change your mind about Window$, it changed mine.

Tags
windows, printer, hook, figure, kindly