Nook Glowlight Plus

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2019, 01:39 PM
Default Nook Glowlight Plus

Just treated myself to a new toy. So frustrated with trying to transfer library ebooks. I must use Adobe Digital Edtions. I have a new ePub book in ADE but can't put it in my nook. Get the message that my Adobe account can't be used since it is on another (old) computer. Have tried to find a way to deauthorize but keep going in circles. Anyone know how to overcome the problem? Thanks.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,412 Times in 5,105 Posts

I don't know exactly how to de-authorize your old computer, but the instructions say to use the "control-shift-d" command when you are logged in to ADE. But, I borrow a lot of library ebooks, and I use a Kindle and the Overdrive app with my Lake County library card. It is very easy to use. Sumter County uses the Axis 360 app, which is not compatible with Kindle. The Nook is not compatible with anything, except if you want to buy books from Barnes and Noble. I would highly recommend that you buy a Kindle reader and get a Lake County library card. Using the Overdrive app, you will be able to download thousands of library books for free and it is very user friendly. Good luck.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Sumter County uses the Axis 360 app, which is not compatible with Kindle.
Small note that Axis 360 and Hoopla both work with a Kindle Fire tablet; you just need to install the apps.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Small note that Axis 360 and Hoopla both work with a Kindle Fire tablet; you just need to install the apps.
Yes, you can use a Kindle Fire or almost any tablet to check out library books using Axis 360, but you are really not downloading them in the Kindle format, and I don't think you can transfer the books to a Kindle, non-internet, Ereader wirelessly. With the Overdrive app, you can select a Kindle formated book on the internet and electronically deliver it to your Kindle Ereader in the Kindle format. I find it much more convenient to read ebooks on a Kindle Ereader that has a screen that is more like an actual book, and can be read in any type of lighting. Unfortunately, the Sumter County library has chosen to not use the Overdrive app for their ebooks. Overdrive is far superior to the Axis 360 app. So, if you like to read ebooks on a Kindle Ereader, I would suggest that you get a Lake County library card and use the Overdrive app. However, if you live in Sumter County, you will need to pay a fee for the card.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 06-06-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:10 PM

I have an iPad and kindle fire and can read library books on both since they can be downloaded directly. I want/need an ereader that can be used in the sun. Nook Glowlight and kindle paper white are the only ones that have eInk. Those devices are not internet capable for anything other than purchasing books. Also, all of my purchased books are for the Nook.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
I have an iPad and kindle fire and can read library books on both since they can be downloaded directly. I want/need an ereader that can be used in the sun. Nook Glowlight and kindle paper white are the only ones that have eInk. Those devices are not internet capable for anything other than purchasing books. Also, all of my purchased books are for the Nook.
You can use the Kindle Fire, Ipad, or any tablet or computer to access the Overdrive app. Then, you can borrow library books, and deliver them wirelessly to a Kindle Paperwhite. However, you need a library card that uses the Overdrive app. Sumter County does not, but Lake County and other libraries do use Overdrive. You just log on to the Overdrive app on your Kindle Fire or Ipad, select a book to borrow, and deliver it to your Kindle Paperwhite. I do this all the time and it is very easy. I don't recommend the Nook for borrowing library books.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:37 PM
Sage

By the way, if you live in Lake County or Marion County, you can get a Lake County library card for free. But, if you live in Sumter County, it will cost you $40 per year for a Lake County library card.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
By the way, if you live in Lake County or Marion County, you can get a Lake County library card for free. But, if you live in Sumter County, it will cost you $40 per year for a Lake County library card.
Why is that, do you know?

kathy
Old 06-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Why is that, do you know?

kathy
I guess Lake County just wants to raise revenue. If you live in Lake County, you can get Sumter and Lake County library cards for free. But, if you live in Sumter County, you must pay for a Lake County card. The Lake County card is more valuable because it uses the Overdrive app which is way better than the Axis 360 app for ebooks. The real tragedy is that Sumter County should adopt the Overdrive app, but, for some unknown reason they won't. Axis 360 is a lousy app.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:46 AM

It seems problem in solved! I created a new Adobe account with a different email. This allowed me to authorize my computer and Nook. Borrowed a book from a library that uses Overdrive without any issues. The big test came with the Sumter Library. Since the book I chose was available in ePub format, I gave it a try. It easily opened in ADE and I dragged it to my Nook. Perfect! My problem all along was with Adobe.
Closed Thread

Tags
adobe, nook, computer, account, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.