Not best buy

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Veteran member
Default Not best buy

Briefly and sadly, we went in to the Best Buy store, and ordered about ONE THOUSAND dollars of new computer items. Well, asked them to load a new program in OFFICE and told it was no problem, will be ready in 24 hours. So in about 35 hours, they do not know the status of the work, they do not know who if anyone is working on the unit, they do not know when it will be done or even if it is scheduled to be worked on. A bunch of snot nosed kids in the mix, the left hand does not know what is going on with the right hand. So now we are trying and trying to get the whole item cancelled, do not complete it, cancel in its entirety and they do not know how to do that. Now,the calls to them are routed through some chick who does not even have contact with the store, so she says, just another run around for sure.
NEVER AGAIN IN BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WORST BUY. Get it from Amazon or Dell, and let the dear kiddies keep on playing, it is really so frustrating. We cancelled other stuff to be here and available to pick it up and it is a real waste of our time and useless driving.
NO BEST BUY, JUST WORST BUY.
bbbbbb
Old 10-04-2016, 03:35 PM

I gave up on them a long time ago.... It's been a VERY long time since I've had a good experience there. Won't go back, rather pay more
Old 10-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,132 Times in 2,241 Posts

We had problems back up North, was looking for a flat screen TV for my father in law. Found one he liked, specifically asked the BB "expert" if the TV had a cable/antenna connection, he said yes. They loaded the box before we could look at it. Got it home, and then noticed the "requires external tuner"....
Took it back, and told them to take it back, NO charge, full credit. Stuck to my guns, left with full credit return on my card.
Also, made the really big mistake of buying one on their branded TVs for the spare bedroom. It was OK with over the air tuning, but if you hooked up the cable, it was several seconds between channel changes, and if you came across a blank cable channel, it was over 15 to 20 seconds before you got control back, horrible.
If they continue to give you grief, call your credit card company, tell them the equipment was never delivered and you have tried to cancel the order, so you want the charge cancelled.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

I think if I had this much of a problem, I would take a ride back to the store..................................
Old 10-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Best Buy will not be around for to long. So many people have similar stories. This isn't even just the kids that are the problem it is the management they just straight up suck. Sorry for your experience.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Totally disagree! Very positive experiences including 3 laptops 2 expensive flat screens and a terrific kitchen aide dishwasher. All items 100% experience.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,643 Times in 5,212 Posts

I also totally disagree. I have had great experiences with Best Buy. Amazon and Dell are not comparable because they don't have a store here, even though Best Buy will price match anything sold by Amazon.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Sage

Disagree also. Have had a couple mediocre Geek Squad encounters. But overall pretty good experience with BB.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:50 PM
Platinum member

For off the shelf small item purchases yes but major items no way. If it is too much for me tomunderstand then I don't need it that much. Simple is best.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
For off the shelf small item purchases yes but major items no way. If it is too much for me tomunderstand then I don't need it that much. Simple is best.
How is this a problem with Best Buy?
Old 10-05-2016, 04:20 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Best Buy located in a town I lived in. consolidated all of their offices and built two large buildings om Interstate 495 in Richfield, MN. Be cause of their culture onsite day care etc attracted many quality employees. However in part poor upper management and in part because box stores were being replaced with mail order Best But lost some of their mojo.

Personally I never have had a problem with Best Buy purchasing both small and major items...and both my wife and I prefer to shop for merchandise that we can feel, touch ,kick the tires, etc. I suspect we will disappear same as the dinosaurs

Finally as consumers we understand the occasional mistake by a business, its when you can clearly view its questional management practices that cause us to avoid such businesses in the future . Tire Choice is alleged to be such a company . They stung me once shame on them twice would have been shame on me. Once was sufficient
Closed Thread

Tags
buy, hours, worst, hand, cancelled

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.