Ooma

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2017, 10:28 PM
Veteran member
Question Ooma

Been looking at dumping Centurylink,bundled phone,net and TV,due to huge pricing increase coming to my acct. in Feb.
Looking at OOMA,my question is after porting my original number to OOMA,how do you know it has been ported???
Confused as to how I will know to cancel Centurylink phone?
Thanks for any insight.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:47 AM

What happens once I’ve initiated a phone number port?

The next step is up to your current phone service provider. Approximately two weeks after your Letter of Authorization has been submitted, Ooma will send you a Firm Order Confirmation (FOC) date. This will be the day your number is actually ported to Ooma from your current phone company. When your phone number has been successfully ported to your Ooma system, a member of the Ooma Customer Care team will make a test call to ensure that the port was successful. Afterwards, Ooma will send you one more email to let you know that the process is complete.
Once your number is successfully moved over to Ooma, you can call your old phone company to cancel your phone service. Say goodbye to your huge monthly bills!

Source: Ooma Support
Old 09-29-2017, 07:05 AM
Sage

Yes, Ooma keeps you advised of the porting status during the process of setting up your account. We had basic Ooma, where you just pay local taxes, when we first signed up. But in a few months we switched to Ooma premier for the ability to blacklist callers and use call forwarding. It costs $10/month more.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:24 AM
Veteran member

Thank you for the replies ,much appreciated.
Will be ordering soon.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:06 PM
Veteran member

Got Ooma hooked up,waiting on number to be ported,then canceling Century Link phone.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejp52 View Post
Got Ooma hooked up,waiting on number to be ported,then canceling Century Link phone.
CenturyLink number ported over to Ooma,no issues,good to go!
Old 11-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Default Ooma

I've been on Ooma premier for 2 years now with comcast as my internet service provider .. Could not be happier ,tried comcast & century both. Bad services. To justify worked for Bellsouth & ATT for over 42 years as voice & IT tech & tech support. Enjoy your VOIP. We are not in the landline world any-more.

Last edited by fofd1091; 11-20-2017 at 04:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-21-2017, 09:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fofd1091 View Post
I've been on Ooma premier for 2 years now with comcast as my internet service provider .. Could not be happier ,tried comcast & century both. Bad services. To justify worked for Bellsouth & ATT for over 42 years as voice & IT tech & tech support. Enjoy your VOIP. We are not in the landline world any-more.
I think I will go with the premier also,for $10.00 and the ability to block spam and telemarketers,seems like great deal.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:42 PM
Default ooma

We have been with Ooma basic for a couple years, great deal.
Our Panasonic land line phone has call block; this service is pre-installed on many brand phones, check your instruction booklet.
Also, don't forget to list your number with the national Do Not Call registry. Look into Google for info. on how to registure--simple.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Freddy View Post
Our Panasonic land line phone has call block; this service is pre-installed on many brand phones, check your instruction booklet.
Also, don't forget to list your number with the national Do Not Call registry. Look into Google for info. on how to registure--simple.
Yes love my Panasonic phone system it also has call block,nice feature.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Freddy View Post
We've had Ooma Basic for 8 years now and upgraded to the Panasonic phones about 5 years ago. Until your post, I had no idea that my phones had call block. I assumed that I needed Ooma Premier to get that feature. Thanks for the tip...
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Closed Thread

Tags
confused, ported, cancel, insight, phone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.