Calendar

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2007, 03:21 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Calendar

How does one add dates to calendar here? No easy task, I think. :dontknow:

barb1191

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 12-25-2007, 03:34 AM
Dancing Thyme
Default Re: Calendar

Barb, I agree. I had a hard time doing it also. Maybe I'll ask admins to help.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-25-2007, 06:26 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191
How does one add dates to calendar here? No easy task, I think. :dontknow:

barb1191
Barb, that is an excellent question. I've been searching for the answer for years., but especially since I moved here to TV. For instance, I would love to add a few days to October, November, March, and April. If, as I fear, we are limited to 365 for the year (or 366 when applicable), I'd gladly sacrifice a few from July and early August. If we've no yearly limit, let's just add about 5 or 6 days to each month I suggested. Question though, do you think these days would count toward our allotted three score and twenty, or would they be add-ons?

And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 12-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Dancing Thyme

Posting an Event to the Calendar

Where this option has been configured (it's not standard 'out of the box'), you can post an event by selecting Calendar from the main menu followed by Post Event from the calendar screen. What you see now is a Start new topic screen with supplementary fields for the event title, date and target board, which simply add your event to the calendar and create a link back to your post in that board.

Barb, et al: Found this on the Help link on TOTV, but haven't tried it yet (it still sounds a little confusing to me, but maybe you'll understand it). Hopefully this will help us post our birthdays and the monthly get-togethers on the calendar. Its a good start anyway. Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 12-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle
Barb, that is an excellent question. I've been searching for the answer for years., but especially since I moved here to TV. For instance, I would love to add a few days to October, November, March, and April. If, as I fear, we are limited to 365 for the year (or 366 when applicable), I'd gladly sacrifice a few from July and early August. If we've no yearly limit, let's just add about 5 or 6 days to each month I suggested. Question though, do you think these days would count toward our allotted three score and twenty, or would they be add-ons?

Muncle
Old 12-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle

Old 12-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Eternal Member

An administrator or someone in the know must have posted all the birthdays because mine is posted and I did not do it.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Sage

Barb, et al....

The calendar picks up birthdays from the birthdate you entered into your TOTV user profile...check out the USER CP link next to "Welcome Back.....(your handle)" at the top left of the TOTV main page. If you enter the year part of your birthdate it will also put your age on the calendar for your birthday.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Pete

I think I have it figgered out but i don't have anything going on any certain day.

for 'stance what would i say in this box you are looking at for the TOTV get-together?

Click on the name for the birthday and see where that takes you, once you put an event in it will direct you back to here for info. of the event. :dontknow:
Old 12-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Pete

i just reread my last post, it don't make sense.

i will think of something to put a date to and info. to revert to, later, got to go prime my mind now.

JFYI Kath told me to use that avatar!
Old 12-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Dancing Thyme

Pete, the scary thing is, it made sense to me!! That's frightening :yikes:

07 just entered the first meeting date in January and that helped me to understand how to do it. Hopefully, 07 will do the remaining dates for the rest of the year. That's what she gets for being a smart aleck!!

She also explained how birthdays are entered on the calendar and the reason mine didn't show up, was that I had the month and year reversed on my profile, duh!! :redface:

Now that I fixed that, my birthday is on the calendar. So let's not forget Sept. 1, Labor Day!!!

Kathie

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.