Phone pictures to PC

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2017, 02:12 PM
Gold member
Default Phone pictures to PC

I have a samsung note 4 phone with over 400 pictures on it. I would like to transfer these pictures to my computer. I did connect the phone to my pc and the phone shows when I open the window for my computer. However, when I click on the phone icon it doesn't show any contents. I tried to select some pictures on my phone but were unable to copy and send them to my pc. Anyone have any idea about how I may proceed.

Thanx

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 06-28-2017, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post
I have a samsung note 4 phone with over 400 pictures on it. I would like to transfer these pictures to my computer. I did connect the phone to my pc and the phone shows when I open the window for my computer. However, when I click on the phone icon it doesn't show any contents. I tried to select some pictures on my phone but were unable to copy and send them to my pc. Anyone have any idea about how I may proceed.

Thanx

John
If you're an Amazon Prime Member, you can put the app on your phone and upload them to their unlimited, online storage. You can then access it on any device.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

I have never tried it but I think this capability is built into windows 10, the ICON on mine is labeled Phone Companion. I currently used Phone explorer, which is an app on my phone and a program on my computer. Allows for backing up the phone to the computer, downloading of photos, and synchronization of the phone and computer calendars.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,597 Times in 5,193 Posts

Do you have a microSD card inserted in your phone? If so, are the photos located on that card, or on the phone's internal memory? If you don't have an SD card inserted, then you can insert one and copy the photos from the phone internal memory onto the card using the my files app. Then, remove the card, and insert it into your computer to transfer the files. Make sure you get a card that comes with an adapter that will fit into your computer. Many of them do. Another way to do it is to email the photos as attachments, although that may take many emails depending on the size of the photo files.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 06-28-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Sage

Someone this week told me about "Google photos" app. You synch your phone to google and upload your photos and it stores them for you. I am not able to help, however as I have not used this feature. One thing is to be and sure to mark the folder to private not public.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:48 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

I believe you can go to a photo store (i.e. Walgreens) and download to a dvd. Then you can have hard copy plus load the dvd to your pc.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:34 AM
Default Directly from phone to computer using the USB/power cord that came with the phone

[QUOTE=LittleDog;1418237]I have a samsung note 4 phone with over 400 pictures on it. I would like to transfer these pictures to my computer. I did connect the phone to my pc and the phone shows when I open the window for my computer. However, when I click on the phone icon it doesn't show any contents. I tried to select some pictures on my phone but were unable to copy and send them to my pc. Anyone have any idea about how I may proceed.

Yes, just move them directly from your phone to your computer. You should already have all you need using just your combination power/usb cord. Assuming you are somewhat familiar with File Explorer/Windows Explorer already.
First, create a folder (with a meaningful name on your computer in which to place the pictures. Then follow the directions on the link below.

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | Verizon Wireless

Remember, "Cut" (and paste) will remove them from your phone and put them in your new folder.
"Copy" (and paste) will both leave them on your phone and put them in the new folder. I recommend "copy" to start, then you can go back into the phone to delete them if all went well.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:58 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Good Thread!!!

All positive responses, no body being nasty.

I knew we had it in us!!!

Old 06-29-2017, 09:46 AM
Gold member

I do have dropbox which I use to transfer music sheets from my pc to my samsung tablet so instead of using paper music I am able to play music from my tablet. The other suggestions are very good and I will try the Samsung information first. I have so many music files in dropbox that I wouldn't want to add 460 photos.

Again thanx to all for your responses.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 06-29-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post

Thanx

John
Try looking through your notifications (pull down the bar at the top of the screen) for one that says something about your phone being connected via USB. Click on that and you'll get a bunch of options on HOW the phone should connect. The one you want is MTP. Once you have selected that, your PC will probably install drivers for the MTP mode and thereafter you should be able to get access to the files on your phone via the icon in My Computer.

Here's some screenshots of the process. Note here that instead of being called MTP (as in prior Android releases) the right option to select for the current version (aka "Nougat") is the "Transfer files to another device' selection.

--
Bob C
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170630-132108.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	70003   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170630-132156.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	70004   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170630-132225.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	70005  

Last edited by rexxfan; 06-30-2017 at 12:36 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
phone, pictures, computer, unable, copy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.