A Plea To The Tech Staff

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2016, 09:27 AM
Sage
Default A Plea To The Tech Staff

The recent technical issues...especially the inability to avoid the political forum...are truly diminishing the ToTV experience. Just a word of encouragement to keep up your best efforts to make the fixes.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:36 AM
Platinum member

What do you mean about the inability to avoid the political forum? When I go to view the new posts page, I never see any of those threads.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:22 AM

Agree, I never see the political posts either. Now that I can make the classifieds disappear, everything seems to be back to normal.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:26 AM
Sage

Good to hear. I'll recheck my settings...maybe it's me!
Old 10-28-2016, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

There is no obligation to open or view the political posts.

Just like there is no obligation to go into the political forum.

I totally disagree that the political forum or posts affect the rest of TOTV.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:36 AM
Sage

I didn't say there was an obligation. I said I couldn't avoid them being displayed on my new posts page. Not opening them is not the same as not seeing them. Big difference. And I respect your opinion that the political forum does not affect the rest of ToTV. But that's just what it is...your opinion. I don't happen to share it.

And I still have that issue but for a different reason than I suspected possibly. I usually use Tapatalk. When the posts following mine said they do not see the political posts, I figured it might be a Tapatalk thing...which I can understand since it's not ToTV's responsibility to make the forum work in any particular way with Tapatalk.

But when I logged in on my PC, I went to check my various options...particularly group options...in my Control Panel. Only the top two links related to my profile are "clickable". All the rest I cannot access. So I cannot check if I am opted in to the political forum group. I suspect that I am from a while ago. But I cannot opt out as it stands now.

MODS: Still sounds like a bit of a tech glitch to me. Is it possible it's something specific to my account? Or is it a general glitch?
Old 10-28-2016, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I wonder if they are still working the issue/problem.
I suspect the mods will make a statement at some point.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:18 AM
Platinum member

I don't see the political post but wish they would do something about the classified ads.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,148 Times in 2,247 Posts
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I didn't say there was an obligation. I said I couldn't avoid them being displayed on my new posts page. Not opening them is not the same as not seeing them. Big difference. And I respect your opinion that the political forum does not affect the rest of ToTV. But that's just what it is...your opinion. I don't happen to share it.

And I still have that issue but for a different reason than I suspected possibly. I usually use Tapatalk. When the posts following mine said they do not see the political posts, I figured it might be a Tapatalk thing...which I can understand since it's not ToTV's responsibility to make the forum work in any particular way with Tapatalk.

But when I logged in on my PC, I went to check my various options...particularly group options...in my Control Panel. Only the top two links related to my profile are "clickable". All the rest I cannot access. So I cannot check if I am opted in to the political forum group. I suspect that I am from a while ago. But I cannot opt out as it stands now.

MODS: Still sounds like a bit of a tech glitch to me. Is it possible it's something specific to my account? Or is it a general glitch?
You are NOT alone, I found the same problems when I went to check my settings. Also, major problems with PMs, I cannot enter text on ANY field to create or reply to a PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Does ToTV really have Tech Staff???.............This software was not developed by ToTV........they purchased it, or leases it, or has a license to use it. They might have to push issues back to the vendor/owner.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
You are NOT alone, I found the same problems when I went to check my settings. Also, major problems with PMs, I cannot enter text on ANY field to create or reply to a PM.
I dont seem to be having any problems sending PM's. I sent you one as a test just now.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Does ToTV really have Tech Staff???.............This software was not developed by ToTV........they purchased it, or leases it, or has a license to use it. They might have to push issues back to the vendor/owner.
I think you are right. From seeing these same message boards used by other groups years ago, I suspect this is old technology. I wonder if new and better technology is available and does anyone look into such possibilities. What is currently being used seems to have lots of problems.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
I think you are right. From seeing these same message boards used by other groups years ago, I suspect this is old technology. I wonder if new and better technology is available and does anyone look into such possibilities. What is currently being used seems to have lots of problems.
Bingo
Old 10-28-2016, 03:41 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

MY opinion.

REALLY folks? Is this truly worthy of getting your collar hot over?

Yep, when opening New Posts, I saw the political forum post headings too. Did I open them = no. Really don't want to get my collar sweaty. Been there. So I scan the threads/postings I want to open. Red hat club, no. Stuff for sale I don't want, no. Interesting stuff, yeah. Nice to have MY choice. Kinda what we cherish here in the USA. How I read the paper too.

BTW - must have fixed the issue, as now I don't see the PF stuff. The world is right once again. At least in my part of TV.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,148 Times in 2,247 Posts

Photo1902, I saw your PM, the problem is worse, I cannot even open it now.....

ADMIN, please look at this.

Tags
encouragement, word, experience, make, fixes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.