Comcast vs CenturyLink

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2018, 05:49 AM
Veteran member
Default Comcast vs CenturyLink

Neither of these company's customer service are worth a hoot. Any other choices? We only need internet.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
Neither of these company's customer service are worth a hoot. Any other choices? We only need internet.
I don’t agree with that statement. I’ve had nothing but excellent customer service with Comcast. From the tech’s, to their phone support, and the convenience of the new store location in Lady Lake.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,414 Times in 5,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I don’t agree with that statement. I’ve had nothing but excellent customer service with Comcast. From the tech’s, to their phone support, and the convenience of the new store location in Lady Lake.
I agree. I have not had any service problems with Comcast. I think they offer a high speed (150 mbps) internet service, which include about 10 basic cable channels for about $50 per month.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:11 AM
Veteran member

I know you stated about not wanting century link / comcast .. and I agreed until about 10 mos. ago when I changed over to centurylink's price for life.. I now get internet only 80mbps for $45 a month.. and have had no problems and really like the fact that every year I don't have to renegotiate prices.. I live at the north end near Lopez
Old 10-09-2018, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
I agree.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:

7 years Comcast subscriber Comcast has had issues in the past and has worked through them Comcast goes the extra distance
Speedy response fast at solving issues.

Today's tech world nothing is a guarantee
Old 10-09-2018, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

Comcast..another vote for Comcast.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:08 AM
Veteran member

I have been a Comcast customer for 10 years and whenever I had a problem, which is seldom, they have fixed it immediately. Never lost TV during last year's hurricane. I do have an issue when they raise my rates, so I have to use my negotiating skills. Always works out. I also have their high speed internet and it is great.

"I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong." Charles Schulz

Last edited by bilcon; 10-09-2018 at 10:09 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I have an AT&T wireless mi-fi. Fits in my pocket and works anywhere in the country. It is rechargeable, and smaller than a pack of smokes. Verizon has a similar unit.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 10-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Veteran member

I haven't moved into my new house yet and I already despise Comcast.

A couple of weeks ago I set up all my new utilities to start on Oct. 30 (the day we close). The next day I find out that when they set up my new account they turned off the seller's existing service and they had to spend hours on the phone getting it straightened out.

A week later I get a bill in email. I'm wondering why I got a bill since my service won't be starting up for weeks, so I call and find out that when they turned the seller's service back on they turned it on in MY NAME. They say in order to fix things they have to delete my account and create a new one. They assure me that nothing they are doing is going to impact the seller's existing service.

The next day I find out that ... you guessed it ... they did, in fact, turn off the seller's service again.

I shudder to think what is going to happen when I get in the house and try to set up my router and Tivos.

kathy
Old 10-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I haven't moved into my new house yet and I already despise Comcast.

A couple of weeks ago I set up all my new utilities to start on Oct. 30 (the day we close). The next day I find out that when they set up my new account they turned off the seller's existing service and they had to spend hours on the phone getting it straightened out.

A week later I get a bill in email. I'm wondering why I got a bill since my service won't be starting up for weeks, so I call and find out that when they turned the seller's service back on they turned it on in MY NAME. They say in order to fix things they have to delete my account and create a new one. They assure me that nothing they are doing is going to impact the seller's existing service.

The next day I find out that ... you guessed it ... they did, in fact, turn off the seller's service again.

I shudder to think what is going to happen when I get in the house and try to set up my router and Tivos.

kathy
More than likely your router and Tivo's will work just fine.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
More than likely your router and Tivo's will work just fine.
... assuming I have service. I don't really trust them to turn it on when requested. The incompetence so far is mindboggling.

k.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:15 PM
Veteran member

My wife spent 6 hours on the phone. The soonest Comcast could hook us up was November 18th!!!!!! no way man
Old 10-15-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Would be nice if someone answered your question. I'll repeat it. Are there any alternatives for just internet to Comcast or Century Link?
Old 10-15-2018, 05:21 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Would be nice if someone answered your question. I'll repeat it. Are there any alternatives for just internet to Comcast or Century Link?
Depends where in The Villages you are located.
Closed Thread

Tags
worth, hoot, choices, service, customer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.