Printer will not connect to new router

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2023, 05:15 PM
Default Same problem with HP All-in-One

Tried to setup a new model HP all-in-one inkjet printer. They force you to install HP Smart. Smart wouldn't connect. The printer was definitely online and had a IP address. I could NOT get a ping reply from the Windows laptop, but I could get a reply with my iPhone using an app. All 3 devices on the same SSID 5G network. Finally threw up my hands and connected it with a USB cable. Frustrating.
Old 01-16-2023, 05:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,788 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
When you called Cannon support what did they say? Come on - don’t post and waste people’s time until you call the company!
Remember, the world is not all about you.
Old 01-16-2023, 08:08 PM

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

I went to T-Mobile and they told me to call their customer service to split the connection, if possible.

Instead, I went to Best Buy and brought a USB cord ($9) and it works!!

So I get to keep this printer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2023, 12:42 AM
Default printer & router problems

Call the printer manufacturer. They will troubleshoot for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayerose View Post
I do not see a USB port on the printer....I can't believe I may need to buy another printer (this one is only two months old)
Old 01-17-2023, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Plan on visiting T-Mobile this afternoon but anyone else have this problem?

Canon printer will not connect to a new network and router (from Spectrum to T-Mobile).

thank you
You will need to call the mfg of the printer to change config - I had to do that when o went to t mobil
Old 01-17-2023, 09:01 AM

Have you accessed Canon fo update of software. Many times printers sit on shelves as software is updated.
Old 01-17-2023, 09:44 AM
Default Update Printer Software

I had the same problem with the new Apple Air Macs my wife and I purchased for each other for Christmas. The printer was a 7 year old HP.

I spent an hour on the phone with an Apple rep. He was friendly and helpful, but couldn't figure out what to do. Finally, he announced that the new operating system, Ventura, would not support the old HP printer.

I wasn't satisfied with this and went to the HP website. Within minutes, I found that HP had a simple fix requiring only that I load an update to the printer's original software. I pushed a few buttons (confession, I'm not computer literate) and the new AirMacs connected to the old HP printer.

Go to the Canon website. I expect you will find the same type of fix. If you don't, call Canon.
Old 01-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I had the same problem, the instructions were to complicated & to much to follow. So we called Cannon & they got it to work, but just a warning I was on the phone with them for about an hour. So what’s that telling you? An hr. with them & Cannon thinks we can do it faster, LOL. So the best thing I can tell you is call Cannon & let them walk you through it!
Old 01-17-2023, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

OP, have you tried to print from your smart phone? Open a document on your phone and select "print". If your phone and the printer are connected to the same wifi network, the printer name should display on the phone. Then, you can select "direct print" to print. This will at least tell you if the printer is connected to your wifi network. Most phones have a built-in default print service plugin, but you may need to install the Canon print service plug-in app.
Old 01-17-2023, 11:52 PM
Default Most printers are junk

Quote:
Plan on visiting T-Mobile this afternoon but anyone else have this problem?

Canon printer will not connect to a new network and router (from Spectrum to T-Mobile).

thank you
Do yourself a favor and scrap your old printer. Today’s printers are nothing more than an avenue to sell you expensive ink. I scrapped my old HP ink jet and switched to laser printer that uses toner instead. I chose a HP black and white printer because I don’t really need color and B&W is considerably cheaper than a color laser. On rare occasion when I want to print a color photo, I use Walgreens and pics cost about 20 cents. Original toner that came with machine lasted me a couple months, then I purchased a replacement toner about two years ago and toner still has about 70% left on it. Toner does not dry out like ink does. I moved from Chicago to TV almost two years ago and my laser printer made the move with no problems. Every other printer that I ever had would act up if I even if I just unplugged it for a few minutes. True laser printers are worth the couple hundred extra to purchase. You’ll make that back very quickly in ink cost.
Old 01-18-2023, 08:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala123 View Post
I had the same problem. There is a problem with the T-Mobile gateway that doesn't allow it to recognize printers. I solved it by connecting my old WIFI directly into the T-Mobile gateway, effectively creating two WIFI options. When I want to print, I connect to my old WIFI.
This is generally not a good option. The two networks can interfere with one another and cause both range and performance issues. At the minimum, download a wifi scanner app and see what channels the two networks are using. Ensure they don't overlap.

Even with a single network, you should check what channels are in use from neighbors and select the cleanest channel to use. You'll get better performance.

WiFi Analyzer is what I use on Android.
Old 01-18-2023, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy o View Post
Do yourself a favor and scrap your old printer. Today’s printers are nothing more than an avenue to sell you expensive ink. I scrapped my old HP ink jet and switched to laser printer that uses toner instead. I chose a HP black and white printer because I don’t really need color and B&W is considerably cheaper than a color laser. On rare occasion when I want to print a color photo, I use Walgreens and pics cost about 20 cents. Original toner that came with machine lasted me a couple months, then I purchased a replacement toner about two years ago and toner still has about 70% left on it. Toner does not dry out like ink does. I moved from Chicago to TV almost two years ago and my laser printer made the move with no problems. Every other printer that I ever had would act up if I even if I just unplugged it for a few minutes. True laser printers are worth the couple hundred extra to purchase. You’ll make that back very quickly in ink cost.
It's a new printer...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
printer, connect, router, t-mobile, canon

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.