Problem accessing TOTV

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2016, 11:42 AM
Sage
Default Problem accessing TOTV

Having a weird problem today. Yesterday, everything was fine. This morning, whenever we try to log on to TOTV, we get an error message that the server is taking too long to respond. We can access any other website without a problem. This occurs on both our PCs, our iPads, the Mac, whether wireless or wired. The only way I get on is to use the wifi hotspot with my cell phone. This happened once before and was resolved by swapping out the router for another one, but that doesn't work this time. Tried three different routers. Since the problem occurs wired, it doesn't seem like a router problem anyway.

I've rebooted the Comcast modem and router multiple times with no change. Any ideas?
Old 08-26-2016, 12:00 PM

Just a thought, but have you rebooted the computer as well?
Old 08-26-2016, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,506 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
Having a weird problem today. Yesterday, everything was fine. This morning, whenever we try to log on to TOTV, we get an error message that the server is taking too long to respond. We can access any other website without a problem. This occurs on both our PCs, our iPads, the Mac, whether wireless or wired. The only way I get on is to use the wifi hotspot with my cell phone. This happened once before and was resolved by swapping out the router for another one, but that doesn't work this time. Tried three different routers. Since the problem occurs wired, it doesn't seem like a router problem anyway.

I've rebooted the Comcast modem and router multiple times with no change. Any ideas?
I had the exact same issue a little while back and in fact after trying everything on my end, I had no recourse but to sign up again as ColdNoMore2.

I was informed recently that management thought they had found the problem with my account and for me to go back and try ColdNoMore.

Whatever they did...IT WORKED!!

They were then able to combine PM's/subscriptions/etc. of both accounts and all is fine now.

E-mail the TOTV team (which did a great job by not giving up), mention that your issues seem to be the exact same ones I had....and they may be able to fix it.

Good luck.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:00 PM
Sage

Yay! We're back and I have no idea what was wrong. Thanks for the suggestions. CNM, actually my problem was different in that I couldn't even get to the TOTV log in screen. Browser just kept trying to connect to it, but timed out every time. Interestingly, my wife took her iPad to my mom's house about 100 yds away. She also has Comcast and the iPad connected to TOTV as usual. Made me think it may be something unique to my node, so I called Comcast and went through everything with them. They bumped the problem to the next level and said I'd hear from them. Called them back tonight and got a different tech who worked me through some things, but still no go. After all that, I noted we had wifi, but no internet access, so I re-booted the modem and router. But the modem re-booted itself almost immediately after that (perhaps remotely by Comcast), and we are back on TOTV! Frustrating day.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,931 Times in 2,175 Posts

This is interesting as I had a similar problem with Comcast and Totv. If I tried to access via my normal home (secured) wifi, I could not get to totv, hover, if I used the xfinity wifi (now built into my house), I could get in!! The next day, I went back to the home (secured) wifi, and everything was fine.
IMHO, I think Comcast has some significant problems on their system.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

One of the best feelings was shipping back the Comcast router. It's going on ten weeks since the refund was due. Maybe they think I will forget. I have selective memory and this is on the screen now. I have CenturyLink fingers crossed, looks like a winner!
Closed Thread

Tags
occurs, problem, router, totv, wired

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.