Problem with BlueTooth earbuds connecting to BlueTooth on laptop....

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2021, 11:14 AM
Veteran member
Default Problem with BlueTooth earbuds connecting to BlueTooth on laptop....

I posted this in the computer issues/repair forum but that forum is practically dead.... I have gotten no responses and very small number of "views".... So, pardon my lack of forum etiquette by posting here in the general forum......Here is the post.....

Here’s an annoying problem that I’ve been unable to resolve even after reading and doing all of the “fixes” found in researching this....

Upon booting my Dell laptop, my Otium Beats will not connect. The settings say that they are “paired”. The only way they will “connect” is for me to do a “restart” of the laptop (NOT a full power off reboot). And yes, the Beats are in “discovery mode” when I attempt to connect.

Once the laptop “restarts”, the Otium Beats connect right away automatically. During my use thereafter, I can shut off the Beats, turn them back on and they connect immediately.....IF the computer remains powered on....... Soooo, I have done the following:

—Removed and re-installed the Laptop’s BLUETOOH drivers
—In settings, turned BLUETOOTH off, waited a minute or so, turned BLUETOOTH back on
—Factory reset the Otium Beats several times
—Removed the Otium Beats from the list of BLUETOOTH paired devices and “re- discovered them. However, getting them paired again will only work after I do the “re-start” procedure.
—I have made sure that the Beats are in “discovery mode” every time I try to connect to the laptop.
—I turn BLUETOOTH off on my cell phone which is the only device nearby that is paired with the Beats
—When connecting the Beats with my cell phone, they connect immediately

The Beats will stay connected all day long with the laptop (laptop stays on) even if I were to turn them off and come back later and turn them back on..... then the connection is immediate. If I walk out of range and come back in range, the Beats connect immediately....

So, all is OK until I power down the laptop..... The following day, the cycle starts all over again...... I have to fully boot the laptop and then do a “re-start” ...... Once the re-start is completed, then the Beats connect immediately....

Any thoughts ??
Old 03-13-2021, 03:11 PM
Veteran member

After a lot of head scratching and research for a solution , I finally found it !!

In the laptop’s power settings, there is an option to enable or disable “fast startup” ...... I believe that it is enabled by default.

Unchecking that option has completely cured my issue.

Apparently, the fast startup option on boot up messes up launching the Bluetooth in the system.... As you may recall from my original post, doing a “restart” got the Bluetooth working. The reason is that performing a system “restart” apparently bypasses the fast startup routine .

So there you have it..... Hope this info might help anyone else that may run into this issue....
Old 03-13-2021, 03:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
After a lot of head scratching and research for a solution , I finally found it !!
This is why so many of us have a love-hate relationship with our computers. They can drive you to drink sometimes. Congrats on solving your problem.

kathy
Old 03-13-2021, 03:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
This is why so many of us have a love-hate relationship with our computers. They can drive you to drink sometimes. Congrats on solving your problem.

kathy
Thanks,

Forgot to mention that disabling the fast startup has not made any significant difference in the speed the computer boots..... maybe a slight difference ? Hard to tell....
Closed Thread

Tags
beats, laptop, connect, bluetooth, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.