Recover external disk drive files?

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2015, 09:15 PM
Default Recover external disk drive files?

I have a 2 year old WD Passport that my computer cannot access. It has power, and was working very slowly, until it could not be accessed.
Is there anybody besides the Geek Squad, like a private individual who has the tools, who can help me recover my files?
Thanks
Old 11-30-2015, 08:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royr View Post
I have a 2 year old WD Passport that my computer cannot access. It has power, and was working very slowly, until it could not be accessed. Is there anybody besides the Geek Squad, like a private individual who has the tools, who can help me recover my files? Thanks
When you plug the external drive into your computer, does it pop up as a new drive (which you just can't access) or does your computer just not show it as being connected?
Old 11-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,149 Times in 2,248 Posts

If as asked above, you can see the drive, and it is working very slowly, the problem may be with the drive itself. WD has as I recall a help line, try giving them a call and see if they have any ideas. There are several computer repair services in the area, I have used MMD (route 441 near 466), and would recommend them.

Other things to try:
If you have different ports (USB), try a different port.
If you have access to another PC, try another PC.
Hope this helps.

Tags
files, recover, accessed, squad, tools, individual, private, geek, working, year, external, disk, drive, passport, slowly, power, computer, access

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.