Replacing Vaio Battery

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2015, 03:46 PM
Default Replacing Vaio Battery

I just received a new battery from Sony to replace the old one. There were no instructions so I contacted Sony. They told me I had to take it to Best Buy and refused to give me any help. I've put more memory and new batteries into other computers. The back is solid on this one with no battery pack to easily change. Is it so difficult that I have to pay them $49.95 after spending $130 for the new battery? The computer is only two years old. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:38 PM
Sage

I found instructions on Google, but there appears to be different models. Try searching google for instructions. Cheaper than $50.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:21 PM

Also check You Tube. I had the same issue with a ASUS notebook when its battery died. It was an internal battery. I found a video on You Tube on how to disassemble the brand and model computer I had and as part of the disassembly was how to remove / replace the battery. I did need very very small torx screwdriver.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

There is a website www.ifixit.com, check there, if someone had done this they will typically have detailed instructions AND any specialized tools for the job.

Good luck.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:40 AM
Gold member

You may need special type screwdrivers. Some laptops you have to remove the keyboard.
I don't buy electronics that you can't access to replace things like batteries. Thus no iPone!
Old 03-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Beware the Samsung S6, I understand you cannot access its battery......This would be a real problem if my S5 was that way. Recently the screen has frozen, it would not respond the any touch commands. The only was to fix this was removed the battery and force a cold start.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.