Return from Windows 10

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2015, 03:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
If you like Win10 at all, I'd be sure something else isn't the problem before going back. Even if you don't like the Win10 UI and other window dressings, you should not see a reduction in speed. My PC has increased performance with Win10 in every way.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:26 PM
Sage

I have adjusted to the difference in Windows 10 and am pretty happy with it. I still have an issue of the spinning blue circle interrupting my typing on TOTV and FB, have to shut the computer completely down at night so it doesn't start playing videos in the middle of the night, and my newest quirk between 4 & 5 every afternoon I lose the ability to use my touch screen and can only scroll with the cursor on the sidebar. I need to call Microsoft for help but just haven't gotten around to it.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:35 PM
Eternal Member

Just an FYI: There is a non-Microsoft forum out there that is very helpful with Window 10 problems. Unlike the Microsoft forum, these people actually supply solutions.

It is at Windows 10 Forums You can look at questions and problems as a guest but if you want to ask a question you need to register.

Z

Last edited by zcaveman; 09-17-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:11 PM

Well, I was having difficulty with Windows 10 when I first installed it about 3 months ago. I had Google as my browser and I changed it to Google Chrome and it ran much better and I love it now. I had a few things going wrong but I had patience, worked on one at a time and now it is working almost perfectly. I did have big problems, didn't know what was causing them and I decided to check my security for viruses etc which was Webroot, which was not supporting Windows 10, I disconnected it fast, installed another Internet Security and now it is going so well. I love Windows 10. Take one thing at a time and you will probably do ok.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:28 PM

Windows 10 has it's own antivirus, Windows Defender.Using another will impede performance.You can right click on your taskbar and bring up task manager to see what apps are running in more details.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:48 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberschaf View Post
Windows 10 has it's own antivirus, Windows Defender.Using another will impede performance.You can right click on your taskbar and bring up task manager to see what apps are running in more details.
I use Norton. That causes W10 to turn Windows Defender off and Windows Firewall off.

Z
Old 09-18-2015, 08:51 AM

Fan noise may be because the computer is working harder therefore running warmer. Cleaning the pc may help. I have an AMD laptop and use a cooling pad with a fan and it runs cooler. AMD laptops run hotter than intel laptops and have a record of failing because of it.
Closed Thread

Tags
windows, option, back, included, free, remember, offer, advice, running, run, slower, pretty, cool, computer, internet, connection, guessing, finding, ram, return, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.