Return from Windows 10

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2015, 06:28 AM
Platinum member
Default Return from Windows 10

Windows 10 is pretty cool, but I'm finding that my computer and internet connection seems to run slower with it. I'm guessing that it uses a lot more of my RAM than the Windows 7 that I was running.
Anyway, I remember that the offer of free Windows 10 included the option to go back to what we had and I think I want to do that, but I'm not sure how. Any advice? Thanks.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Windows 10 is pretty cool, but I'm finding that my computer and internet connection seems to run slower with it. I'm guessing that it uses a lot more of my RAM than the Windows 7 that I was running.
Anyway, I remember that the offer of free Windows 10 included the option to go back to what we had and I think I want to do that, but I'm not sure how. Any advice? Thanks.
If your within 30 days, you can go to windows update section and revert back to windows 8. We tried 10 but had constant fan noise, so switched back to 8.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:01 AM
Gold member

I just bought a new computer with Win 7 and I am sticking with it. Every time MS comes out with something new it seems to be worse than the one before!
Old 09-05-2015, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
If your within 30 days, you can go to windows update section and revert back to windows 8. We tried 10 but had constant fan noise, so switched back to 8.
That's curious. I wonder what an operating system would have to do with your fan. Are you sure that it wasn't just the hard drive noise? Software can cause activity in your storage units, especially when it's searching or saving or upgrading.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
I just bought a new computer with Win 7 and I am sticking with it. Every time MS comes out with something new it seems to be worse than the one before!

Having worked in the PC industry for many years, MS has a history of coming out with newer versions/platforms without all of the bugs worked out. They seems to install patches as needed, to get it to run excellent or maybe versions 10.1 or 10.2 will be the final solution, when they become available.. Stay tuned........

One needs to ensure your system has the resources, to deal with the newer platform/windows 10.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
...MS has a history of coming out with newer versions/platforms without all of the bugs worked out...
In software as complex as mainstream operating systems, ALL the bugs are never worked out, especially with a new launch.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Have been using 10 for a couple weeks.....love it and no issues but then I have plenty of capacity. Hated windows 8 (as I understand did most of the pc community) so I know support for that will go the way of XP. Windows 7 was on the desktop and never had an issue but since 10 gives you 7 with the addition of the apps, sooner or later the software developers will move to 10 as the default and will stop updating their programs. Sooner or later we will all update or assume the risks associated with sticking with the old.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Go to Start>Settings>Update and Security>Recovery and click on Go Back to Windows 7.

Here is the write-up.

Change your mind about Windows 10? Here's how you can roll back - CNET

Z
Old 09-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
If you like Win10 at all, I'd be sure something else isn't the problem before going back. Even if you don't like the Win10 UI and other window dressings, you should not see a reduction in speed. My PC has increased performance with Win10 in every way.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Platinum member

Thanks everyone. That helped me.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Default Windows 10

I have heard that many developers have not issued updated drivers for windows 10. I am going to stay with 7 for a few more months until they are compatible with all my add-ons.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
If you like Win10 at all, I'd be sure something else isn't the problem before going back. Even if you don't like the Win10 UI and other window dressings, you should not see a reduction in speed. My PC has increased performance with Win10 in every way.
I have adjusted to most of the quirks with Windows 10, but feel I am also running at a slower speed. One of my biggest problems is when I post on a site such as TOTV or FB for some reason the typing gets whacky and it will just stop and a blue circle starts spinning. Have to bring the cursor to where I was to resume, but it happens time and time again. I also still have an issue that if I don't put my computer in sleep mode at night for some bizarre reason old infomericals I watched way back when start playing around 2am and when I open my laptop in the morning about 8 strange windows are open - the majority being Microsoft office related.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:13 AM
Default Rolling back to the previous windows

Remember, if you upgraded to windows 10 from a previous version (7, 8 or 8.1) you ONLY have 30 days to change your mind. After 30 days, you have to do a total restore of your system, which means all of your stored data will be lost, to include files and installed programs. Just a heads up.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:20 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Quote:
you can only go back within the first 30 days

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 09-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
you can only go back within the first 30 days
Maybe that 30 day return option should be incorporated into marriage. Ok spouse 30 day trial didn;t work returning you to your parents. would save on attorney fees

as to windows 10 I;m a scared of free stuff, especially free downloads last one cost me an arm and a leg to fix the mess that was attached to the freebie
Closed Thread

Tags
windows, option, back, included, free, remember, offer, advice, running, run, slower, pretty, cool, computer, internet, connection, guessing, finding, ram, return, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.