Roku vs Amazon Firestick?

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdeb View Post
I'm just starting to investigate the pros and cons of streaming sticks, and I'm wondering what experience folks might have with either of these, or perhaps others.

Amazon Firestick may appear to be popular with Prime users. Is Roku easier to setup and use? Which model? What pricing?

Any problems encountered or advice to share would be welcomed and appreciated.
I recently had a hands-on experience with Roku Ultra and was blown away. Goodbye cable.

However, I will miss not having a DVR to record anything I may not be able to watch in real-time. Any suggestions?
Old 06-14-2021, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,682 Times in 5,231 Posts

Quote:
I recently had a hands-on experience with Roku Ultra and was blown away. Goodbye cable.

However, I will miss not having a DVR to record anything I may not be able to watch in real-time. Any suggestions?
YouTubeTV and many other streaming services have a cloud DVR service that allows you to record programs. You can also watch a lot of previously aired shows using their "on demand" service.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I'm just starting to investigate the pros and cons of streaming sticks, and I'm wondering what experience folks might have with either of these, or perhaps others.

Amazon Firestick may appear to be popular with Prime users. Is Roku easier to setup and use? Which model? What pricing?

Any problems encountered or advice to share would be welcomed and appreciated.

I have use both of them and I think the Roku is best.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebooo View Post
I have Roku. Love it. Don't know which model. Didn't know Roku has more than one. I suspect not much difference. Other than maybe price
The better levels of Roku come with a remote that will turn the tv on and off, adjust volume, etc. so you only need one remote
Closed Thread

Tags
roku, amazon, firestick, setup, users

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.