Samsung S-7

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2020, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
What about the cloud . My nephew set my iPhone up so information goes to cloud , he says a lot of people have it set up at store and don’t know about it.He told me if I lose all my information it can be retrieved from cloud
It can only be retrieved from the cloud if you have access to the phone. If you can't open your phone, you can't open the cloud.

Also - it depends 100% on access to the internet. In the case of an internet outage, you have no cloud access.

That's why I'm a huge proponent of redundancy. I store everything important to the cloud. I also store it to the hard drive. I also store it to a flash drive. I also store it on my tablet's SD card. My desktop's hard drive is also replicated in full on a separate partition, ghosted.

No matter what happens, I have everything available to me on at least one other device whether or not I have power in the house, internet service, or data access on my phone.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The battery can be replaced. I would suggest contacting Gizmo Depot, 352--641-0435, or any other place that replaces cell phone batteries. If the phone works when it is plugged in, the data can be transferred to another phone. But, if you do a factory reset, you will lose all of the data. If you have a Windows 10 computer, you can download an app called "Smart Switch". Then, you just open Smart Switch and plug the phone in to the computer, and it will backup everything on the phone. Very easy.

Note: If you buy a new phone, install the Samsung Smart Switch app onto both phones, and then you can transfer the data from the old phone to the new one wirelessly. This also works with a Samsung tablet. I regularly transfer data from my Samsung phone to my tablet using the Smart Switch app.
Thanks for the info! I have a S7 and was considering an upgrade but didn't want to lose anything. Downloaded this to my PC and will backup. Discovered I already had it on my phone as it must have come with some Samsung pack. But now I feel better about upgrading as my DH will inherit my S7 (he's currently using my old S4). I have a ton of apps on mine to transfer and then we can do a major reboot and set everything up new for him.

I do know that the battery can be replaced on the S7. I tried Best Buy but they would have to send it to Samsung and I wasn't willing to be without that long. Need to try FixURCrack and see if they can help. Sounds like you have a great resource there to get things done.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
The problem--Won't turn on and stay on. Battery shows 100%. Won't do anything if it's not plugged in. I wonder if there's a "hard reset" that I could do. This model has a non-replaceable battery. If I buy a new phone, I wonder if I can transfer all the old phone's information to the new one, if the old one won't turn on. I guess this is just a speed bump in life. Thanks for listening to me ramble.
the off button and the volume down button at same time until it restarts. This will do a reset. Also check your memory...it may be full.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:05 AM

Yes, this works on most Samsung
Old 08-08-2020, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,026 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Thanks for the info! I have a S7 and was considering an upgrade but didn't want to lose anything. Downloaded this to my PC and will backup. Discovered I already had it on my phone as it must have come with some Samsung pack. But now I feel better about upgrading as my DH will inherit my S7 (he's currently using my old S4). I have a ton of apps on mine to transfer and then we can do a major reboot and set everything up new for him.

I do know that the battery can be replaced on the S7. I tried Best Buy but they would have to send it to Samsung and I wasn't willing to be without that long. Need to try FixURCrack and see if they can help. Sounds like you have a great resource there to get things done.
Batteries Plus should also be able to replace the battery
Old 08-08-2020, 11:21 AM

UBreakIFix in The Villages will fix you right up, along with a free diagnosis. If it is a battery issue they will swap it out for ~$120. Includes 90 day full warranty. Important to go here because they are a Samsung authorized service center. Remember this phone is water resistant. When they take it apart to swap the battery, they will re-seal the case to factory specs. A battery swap will take about 4 hours +/-.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:40 AM

Yes the information can get transferred HOWEVER do NOT GO TO cell company go up repair place
Old 08-08-2020, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,026 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM0614 View Post
Yes the information can get transferred HOWEVER do NOT GO TO cell company go up repair place
Until recently cell company store would fix for free. Now they have decided to send you elsewhere.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baywayric View Post
UBreakIFix in The Villages will fix you right up, along with a free diagnosis. If it is a battery issue they will swap it out for ~$120. Includes 90 day full warranty. Important to go here because they are a Samsung authorized service center. Remember this phone is water resistant. When they take it apart to swap the battery, they will re-seal the case to factory specs. A battery swap will take about 4 hours +/-.
A brand new Galaxy S7 costs less than the price of the battery for it now. They are a legacy device.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:59 AM
Veteran member

Gizmo Depot revived my Apple iPhone, and my wife's iPhone. They worked quickly, the phones work well, and the price was most reasonable. They are located about a block south of 466 on 441/27, in Lady Lake.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:57 PM

I have an older Samsung J7 and I dropped it and nothing bad happened. Go to QVC and get one there right now $79.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1025 View Post
I have an older Samsung J7 and I dropped it and nothing bad happened. Go to QVC and get one there right now $79.
That's the one I had before "upgrading" to the S7! The J7 was awesome. I think I paid $150 from AT&T, as a "GoPhone" that we converted to our share plan. The only downside was that it didn't have NFC capability.

That was why I upgraded to the S7 (which had already been replaced by the S8, and the S10 was just being released). I wanted that NFC capability so I could use Google Pay.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:36 AM
Default Give this a try

For some strange reason, the S-7 and other Android phones change the Screen Time-out to zero. If you can quickly get to Settings and then Display you can change the Screen Time-out to a longer time. I have mine set at 5 minutes. Your issue happened on my wife's phone and this was the solution.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:53 AM

If you get a nother Samsung phone there is an app on the phones called smart switch which transfers everything
Old 08-09-2020, 11:52 AM

can't find app smart switch for windows 10
Closed Thread

Tags
turn, battery, samsung, information, transfer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.