script error

Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Veteran member
Default script error

I run windows 8.1 and quite often when opening up IE 11 I get a script error... usually object expected...I went to tools, intrnet options, advanced, and made sure that disable scriprt debugging and others were both checked... I also tried unchecking the show a notification every time you get a scipt error ....still will get the script error and still gives me a notification.....any ideas to stop this?
Old 01-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Script error in Internet Explorer 11 - Microsoft Community
Old 01-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I was a big believer in Firefox, had it for a browser since about 2005. Then about a year ago I started experiencing script error a lot, especially on this website (TOTV).

My golfing partner still works, he teaches accounting software, so he knows his way around a computer. One day he stopped by and saw me on my laptop and I asked him about the problem. He said he used Google Chrome for a browser. I downloaded Chrome a few days later, I was even able to change the appearance so it looked like my Firefox. I found it even easier to use and no more script errors. It really paid for itself, when about a couple of months later my 4 year old laptop crashed. It went totally black and wouldn't come on.

I bought a new all in one 21" HP computer, which was loaded with IE. I spent a day just trying to find all my important bookmarks and passwords and managed to maybe get about 15 established. Then I downloaded Chrome and to my amazement, all of my bookmarks (500 hundred or more), which some I had added years ago and forgot about, were all still there. It somehow stores all my info online so my information was all there as if nothing happened.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Sage

Is it fixed?
Old 01-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=Bogie Shooter;1166065]Script error in Internet Explorer 11 - Microsoft Community[/QUOT

what you posted was for windows 7.....not 8.1 also I have already posted same info on the same Microsoft questions web-site so far the 1 answer didn't help
Old 01-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I was a big believer in Firefox, had it for a browser since about 2005. Then about a year ago I started experiencing script error a lot, especially on this website (TOTV).

My golfing partner still works, he teaches accounting software, so he knows his way around a computer. One day he stopped by and saw me on my laptop and I asked him about the problem. He said he used Google Chrome for a browser. I downloaded Chrome a few days later, I was even able to change the appearance so it looked like my Firefox. I found it even easier to use and no more script errors. It really paid for itself, when about a couple of months later my 4 year old laptop crashed. It went totally black and wouldn't come on.

I bought a new all in one 21" HP computer, which was loaded with IE. I spent a day just trying to find all my important bookmarks and passwords and managed to maybe get about 15 established. Then I downloaded Chrome and to my amazement, all of my bookmarks (500 hundred or more), which some I had added years ago and forgot about, were all still there. It somehow stores all my info online so my information was all there as if nothing happened.
John.... I have tried chrome on my previous computer and the reason you like it I dislike it.....it stores to much info. of everyone without asking.....If the error continues or gets worse I may try it though
Old 01-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
I run windows 8.1 and quite often when opening up IE 11 I get a script error... usually object expected...I went to tools, intrnet options, advanced, and made sure that disable scriprt debugging and others were both checked... I also tried unchecking the show a notification every time you get a scipt error ....still will get the script error and still gives me a notification.....any ideas to stop this?
Since it is W8.1, try looking up the problem at Windows 8 Forums.

If you cannot find an answer, join and post the question. I am pretty sure that they will be able to help. They had done great assistance with the W10 product at Windows 10 Forums.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Sage

Here's how i troubleshoot and maybe you have done this already.

Install chrome. When you get the error message in IE go to chrome, copy and past or retype exactly what is says in the google search bar. Than click on Search Tools, anytime and 1 year.

You could follow the same method starting with youtube.
Closed Thread

Tags
error, script, notification, unchecking, checked, show, scipt, time, stop, debugging, ideas, opening, run, windows, object, advanced, made, disable, options, intrnet, expected, tools, scriprt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.