Suspected browser issue: Edge / Chrome

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2020, 09:11 AM
Unhappy Suspected browser issue: Edge / Chrome

I just purchased a HP laptop with Windows 10. I installed the Chrome browser to see if that would "fix" my problem; it did not.

Problem: Browser NOT retaining log in information.

When I sign in to Comcast with my USER ID the information would be retained. If my wife or another user signed in to Comcast their information would be retained.

The next time I tried to sign in ALL users would "pop down" and I could select mine instead of having to type it again.

This issue exists with other sites not just Comcast.

HELP

Len84pa
Old 02-07-2020, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

It sounds more like a setting than an "issue" on your browser's security. At some point, you or someone else might have toggled it and cleared the cache, done a computer cleanup that deleted all your passwords and login info from the browser. If that's the case you'll have to build it back up again, and if you do a computer cleanup again, make sure the line for clearing passwords and login info is UNchecked.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I've been using chrome for about 8 years. It's retains all password under "settings". Go down to the second box "autofill" and the first entry is "passwords". There's a little key next to the word. Turn on the first two blue toggle switches, 'offer to save passwords' and "auto sign-in". I haven't had to find a password in years.

The Villages Florida
Old 02-07-2020, 11:42 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Sounds like a benefit not an issue. It remembers all signons.. if you look at google passwords they most likely have them as well .. Chrome is far superior to explorer / edge and foxfire .. rarely needs rebooting and can handle countless tabs and windows.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:53 AM

If you are going to store your passwords, I strongly suggest using LastPass browser add-on. No browser has very high password encryption so if someone got access to your system, they could easily grab your passwords. LastPass uses military-grade encryption to keep your passwords safe and the great part is, it's free!

Check your settings and see if there's a setting that's been changed, like the other guys have said. If you're still having problems with it, shoot me a Direct Message and I'll walk you through it
Old 02-12-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Geek View Post
If you are going to store your passwords, I strongly suggest using LastPass browser add-on. No browser has very high password encryption so if someone got access to your system, they could easily grab your passwords. LastPass uses military-grade encryption to keep your passwords safe and the great part is, it's free!

Check your settings and see if there's a setting that's been changed, like the other guys have said. If you're still having problems with it, shoot me a Direct Message and I'll walk you through it
Thank You for getting back to me. I have tried ALL suggestions regarding "settings" and my ID's are still not being retained . I am NOT interested in saving my passwords. I have no problem typing them in each time. It's the User ID's and log in info that's a "pain"
My email is : lenlea1265@comcast.net
Old 02-12-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I've been using chrome for about 8 years. It's retains all password under "settings". Go down to the second box "autofill" and the first entry is "passwords". There's a little key next to the word. Turn on the first two blue toggle switches, 'offer to save passwords' and "auto sign-in". I haven't had to find a password in years.

The Villages Florida
Thank You for your response. I am NOT interested in saving pass words. All I want to save is log in ID's / User ID's. I have followed all suggestions given and my auto fill still does not work.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It sounds more like a setting than an "issue" on your browser's security. At some point, you or someone else might have toggled it and cleared the cache, done a computer cleanup that deleted all your passwords and login info from the browser. If that's the case you'll have to build it back up again, and if you do a computer cleanup again, make sure the line for clearing passwords and login info is UNchecked.
I have tried to "build up" the auto fill information and my ID's are not being saved. I have the ID's box unchecked.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by len84pa View Post
Thank You for getting back to me. I have tried ALL suggestions regarding "settings" and my ID's are still not being retained . I am NOT interested in saving my passwords. I have no problem typing them in each time. It's the User ID's and log in info that's a "pain"
My email is : lenlea1265@comcast.net
Just sent you an email, let's see if we can get this sorted out

Old 02-13-2020, 07:30 AM

Ditch Chrome, go with

Download Firefox — Free Web Browser
— Mozilla

and Ublock

uBlock Origin – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)

Then, uninstall all other browsers from your system with

Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Easy Delete - Revo Uninstaller Pro
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, information, browser, sign, user

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.