AT&T phone servcie

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2021, 07:56 AM
Default AT&T phone servcie

Does anyone have experience with AT&T cell phone, TV & Internet service?
Old 04-19-2021, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I have their phone service. It's been fine. I haven't had any problems. They'll increase the fees when the contract is up like all the rest of them. I'll change over to someone else when they do.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

We have AT&T cellular (from up North) and the reception here could be better. It's not horrible, but we occasionally drop a call...

We also have AT&T Internet only at home, and we use AT&T TV (used to be AT&T Now). It works great!

Firesticks on all the TVs. Cable cut!

Here, in TV, we have Spectrum internet only. No problems so far...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-19-2021, 09:54 AM
Default You Could Do Better

I have had bad experiences with AT&T. Cell phone service is just okay...nothing great. Internet in most areas is slow and provided by a third part. TV is satellite and also from a third party. I had them in Ohio before moving to The Villages, and my monthly bill climbed to $206 for a land line, internet and TV. I had already dropped their cellular due to sub-par coverage. I use Sprint (now T-Mobile) for cellular, 1Gig fiberoptic internet from CenturyLink, and Fubo streaming. All cell phone services can be spotty here. Sprint seems to work well enough, and I enabled WiFi calling on my phone for better connections from home. Fubo is $60 per month and has most of the channels I care to watch. CenturyLink's 1G service isn't available in all areas. I think its a good deal if you can get it.- $65/month guaranteed not to increase, and is more than enough to handle everything I've connected to it (solar array, 2 smart phones, 2 tablets, 2 computers and 2 streaming TVs.)
Old 04-20-2021, 07:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Where

Those with AT&T cell phone performance problems, where do you live. It is possible that you are not alone if you are in a new build area and AT&T has not fully built a tower to cover that location!! The question is,how long will it take to get a tower built and operational. The average is 18 months.
Closed Thread

Tags
at&t, phone, servcie, experience, cell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.