take a look at this smartphone alternative

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2018, 10:20 AM
Sage
Default take a look at this smartphone alternative

Go Far, Stay Close - The Story of Our Latest Product, Relay. | Republic Blog

It's a great idea for kids. I think.

We have something totally new to announce today, and if you don’t read the rest of this post, we want you to know this: We’ve designed and built a new product, but it’s not a smartphone. It’s a LTE & WiFi powered walkie-talkie that’s portable, durable and screen-free – designed to keep families connected. We think you are going to love it, and we think your kids will love it too.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Pretty good idea actually...I hope it's successful.

For me?

I'm thinking of going this route.

The Villages Florida
Old 05-14-2018, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Go Far, Stay Close - The Story of Our Latest Product, Relay. | Republic Blog

It's a great idea for kids. I think.

We have something totally new to announce today, and if you don’t read the rest of this post, we want you to know this: We’ve designed and built a new product, but it’s not a smartphone. It’s a LTE & WiFi powered walkie-talkie that’s portable, durable and screen-free – designed to keep families connected. We think you are going to love it, and we think your kids will love it too.
This really looks interesting.

Bettin ZTE might be a competitor. Their future looks great

This is one of those products that seem so simple....you wonder why it took so long. Lots of uses.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I use the AT&T Go Phone, I believe it's now called AT&T Prepaid Phone. Here's the phone, it sells for about $25 but between Walmart, Target and Walgreens you can find one of them usually has it on sale for $9.99. That's what I paid at Walgreens last year. I'm on my second one, the first phone the battery died after about 4 years, it's cheaper to buy a new phone than a battery.

The Villages Florida

I go to their website and have set up an account page, and once a year I buy a 1000 minutes for $100. That's it, one time fee, and the minutes even roll over. I could buy less but then you wouldn't get 12 months, and I don't want to be bothered buying minutes every 3 or 6 months. The phone service is good.

The first time you'll probably want to call them to establish the phone number, your account and they will mail you a sim card. Here's their website;

AT&T PREPAID - Prepaid Phones, Tablets & Plans
Old 05-14-2018, 01:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I use the AT&T Go Phone, I believe it's now called AT&T Prepaid Phone. Here's the phone, it sells for about $25 but between Walmart, Target and Walgreens you can find one of them usually has it on sale for $9.99. That's what I paid at Walgreens last year. I'm on my second one, the first phone the battery died after about 4 years, it's cheaper to buy a new phone than a battery.

The Villages Florida

I go to their website and have set up an account page, and once a year I buy a 1000 minutes for $100. That's it, one time fee, and the minutes even roll over. I could buy less but then you wouldn't get 12 months, and I don't want to be bothered buying minutes every 3 or 6 months. The phone service is good.

The first time you'll probably want to call them to establish the phone number, your account and they will mail you a sim card. Here's their website;

AT&T PREPAID - Prepaid Phones, Tablets & Plans
That sounds like a good idea too.
Closed Thread

Tags
kids, smartphone, it’s, designed, love

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.