Text message from iPhone to android phone

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2021, 01:40 PM
Default Text message from iPhone to android phone

My neighbor has an iPhone and I have a Samsung (android). In the past we have been able to send text messages to each other's phone. Recently my neighbor got a new iPhone and I bought an iPad. Now any text message from my neighbor appears on my iPad as a message instead of going to my phone. A text message from my Samsung still goes to the iPhone (as usual).
I checked my profile in the iPad and my phone number isn't listed but my email address is. I turned off the message function in the iPad thinking that would force any message to my phone but that didn't work. The text message became undelivered. I'm guessing the problem is with the settings in the iPhone but I know nothing about iPhones. Any suggestions?
Old 05-25-2021, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Is he sending a message from his iPad to your email address or to your phone number? (it sounds like he is using your email address for some reason)

On your iPhone, go to Setting -> Messages -> Send & Receive (immediately under IMessage). Do your phone number and email address both appear and are they both selected to receive messages?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
message, text, iphone, phone, ipad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.