Text Messages that don't "go"

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2018, 06:06 PM
Sage
Default Text Messages that don't "go"

We've lived here (T.V.) since 2009 Lately I've been noticing that my text messages sometimes don't immediately go out. The person I'm texting might look a day or two later and "voila" there it will be. We have CenturyLink a bundle. Can anyone give words of wisdom on why this is happening?
Old 02-08-2018, 07:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

NotGolfer, I have seen delays of a couple to several minutes, but never a couple of days, have you called CentryLink? Also, does this happen with multiple people? Are you using CL mail or another email like yahoo, Gmail, etc.?
Old 02-09-2018, 07:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
NotGolfer, I have seen delays of a couple to several minutes, but never a couple of days, have you called CentryLink? Also, does this happen with multiple people? Are you using CL mail or another email like yahoo, Gmail, etc.?
Sometimes it happens to the "other person" living here as well. We use G-Mail and also have FB on our devices. They're phones we got through Pure Talk but we use CenturyLink as our carrier. I've not called them yet. I mostly only use my phone as an "emergency" device (I still haven't caught up with the 21st Century and am not "married" to my phone) but do use it for texting, reading e-mails and FB when I'm away from my computer. I text if I want "someone" to do an errand on their way home, for example.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Sometimes it happens to the "other person" living here as well. We use G-Mail and also have FB on our devices. They're phones we got through Pure Talk but we use CenturyLink as our carrier. I've not called them yet. I mostly only use my phone as an "emergency" device (I still haven't caught up with the 21st Century and am not "married" to my phone) but do use it for texting, reading e-mails and FB when I'm away from my computer. I text if I want "someone" to do an errand on their way home, for example.
You're issue is probably your carrier. I didn't even know CenturyLink offered cell service.
My husband works at Verizon, and ever since we switched, we've never had any issues. My dad has had AT&T and Sprint, and they both gave him a similar issue, mainly with phone calls.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Sage

actually we're with AT&T...which I think is via CenturyLink but I've been wrong before. So it's an AT&T issue I'd guess.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Veteran member

Have the person you are messaging recreate your contact. Sometimes all the previous messages with large attachments pile up. Start afresh.

EDIT: Highly unlikely it is your carrier. Otherwise, others would have similar issues. Either your or receivers device. On iPhone, you'll see delivered as receipt acknowledgment.

Last edited by SFSkol; 02-09-2018 at 02:31 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 02-09-2018, 03:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
actually we're with AT&T...which I think is via CenturyLink but I've been wrong before. So it's an AT&T issue I'd guess.
Do you by chance have an AT&T Microcell booster? If so try rebooting it. This happened to me this week.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:21 PM
Sage

My phone is a cheap smart-phone from Pure Talk. I'm not a techy so to ask me if I have this or that...it's like a foreign language. I guess I'll just go back and try to figure it out or will ask someone I know whose techy if they can help.
Thanks!
Old 03-07-2018, 10:20 PM

my text messages have not been sending in a timely manner since I have moved into a new villa. I was told that there is an aluminum foil lining under the roof. I have to go outside and it sends the text immediately.
Closed Thread

Tags
text, messages, centurylink, voila, bundle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.