Thumbs up for TV Tech Tekkies Computer Repair

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2017, 07:23 PM
Sage
Default Thumbs up for TV Tech Tekkies Computer Repair

/////

Last edited by jnieman; 03-27-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,423 Times in 5,111 Posts

Your problem and repair explanation sounds extremely strange. Did you find out how the problem occurred in the first place? Why was the screen "blurry" and "going dark", and what does the font on your email and the "theme" setting have to do with anything? Also, I don't think a laptop screen has a bulb. I would want an explanation from the repair guy about the reason why the problem started, how he fixed it, and how to prevent it from happening again. The whole post sounds weird.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Your problem and repair explanation sounds extremely strange. Did you find out how the problem occurred in the first place? Why was the screen "blurry" and "going dark", and what does the font on your email and the "theme" setting have to do with anything? Also, I don't think a laptop screen has a bulb. I would want an explanation from the repair guy about the reason why the problem started, how he fixed it, and how to prevent it from happening again. The whole post sounds weird.
Maybe I didn't do a great job of explaining it. My settings were off in several areas. I don't know what caused this to happen, just glad that it is fixed. Changing the theme made the fonts darken up so it was no longer blurry. Everything is sharper now. As for the bulb I don't know about it other than that I saw on line that they call them lamps not bulbs so I must have that incorrect. He did say it could have a problem with this but does not do this type of repair on laptops. Gave me the name of a company that does in case it happens again. The tech talked me through this on the phone for free which I totally appreciate. He seems very knowledgeable.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,005 Times in 2,199 Posts

The original post was deleted/edited so I am guessing here, but some computer screens used CFL (compact fluorescent lights), long skinny tubes (or bulbs) to backlight the screen. I have not seen these for a few years, as I think all of the newer screens are using LEDS. It is possible for the CFLs to fail, and the one I took apart had 3 of these as I recall, so one failing could easily cause an area of the screen to be dim. There are settings to change fonts, font size, screen background, font color, and screen brightness, etc., so depending on how these are set, you could end up with a screen that could be very hard to read.

Glad to hear that the OP was able to get this fixed over the phone.

PS. I have occasionally (by accident) selected white text on a white background (in Word) talk about hard to read!!!!
Old 03-28-2017, 06:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
The original post was deleted/edited so I am guessing here, but some computer screens used CFL (compact fluorescent lights), long skinny tubes (or bulbs) to backlight the screen. I have not seen these for a few years, as I think all of the newer screens are using LEDS. It is possible for the CFLs to fail, and the one I took apart had 3 of these as I recall, so one failing could easily cause an area of the screen to be dim. There are settings to change fonts, font size, screen background, font color, and screen brightness, etc., so depending on how these are set, you could end up with a screen that could be very hard to read.

Glad to hear that the OP was able to get this fixed over the phone.

PS. I have occasionally (by accident) selected white text on a white background (in Word) talk about hard to read!!!!
Yes Tinker thanks for the explanation. I realize now I didn't explain it well and left out some key elements for you all to understand what I was trying to say.
Closed Thread

Tags
helped, buy, steve, thought, bright

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.