Toshiba Qosmio Battery Won't Charge

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Sage
Default Toshiba Qosmio Battery Won't Charge

The battery was replaced not long ago. I'm pretty sure it's not the battery. I've searched for the error message generated on the web and I'm not the first to have this issue, but finding a definitive solution is a different story.

The message when you hover over the battery icon is "0% available (plugged in. not charging.)"

Has anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions what to try?

Finally, if all else fails, does anybody recommend some PC tech help? I'll take it the Geek Squad at Best Buy if I must, but I'm not too impressed with and would prefer to avoid it.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:54 AM

Have you updated your OS lately? Check your Power Mgmt software settings, updates. good luck.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Used MMD on 441 near 466, and they were able to repair an older laptop, while I waited. I would recommend them.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Sage

Go to Best Buy and ask them if they have a return policy on batteries. Get the new battery and see if it charges to isolate the problem.

Where and when did you buy the last battery?
Old 08-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Platinum member
Default Battery out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
The battery was replaced not long ago. I'm pretty sure it's not the battery. I've searched for the error message generated on the web and I'm not the first to have this issue, but finding a definitive solution is a different story.

The message when you hover over the battery icon is "0% available (plugged in. not charging.)"

Has anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions what to try?

Finally, if all else fails, does anybody recommend some PC tech help? I'll take it the Geek Squad at Best Buy if I must, but I'm not too impressed with and would prefer to avoid it.
With the battery out can you plug in and turn on the computer? I did a search on this problem and it has me stumped unless you got a battery that was old stock.
Closed Thread

Tags
battery, message, recommend, finally, problem, suggestions, fails, impressed, avoid, prefer, buy, tech, geek, squad, searched, error, generated, pretty, charge, qosmio, replaced, ago, long, web, icon

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.