Verizon Wireless Internet Experience

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2016, 07:31 AM
Default Verizon Wireless Internet Experience

My previous internet/home phone service was Centurylink. We are snowbirds and used the service for six months and then would suspend for six months no problem. All was well until Centurylink changed their payment policy and now no longer accept American Express. I use AMX for business expense so we visited the Lady Lake Verizon store to discuss swapping the service. We carried our Centurylink bill in to the office to compare service. The representative stated Verizon could be competitive and could suspend at the same cost, $10 per month for two ninety day periods. The internet cost was $60 per month, the same as Centurylink. He did ask if I downloaded movies or songs and I do not. He thought their 10 gig plan would be fine.

The bill arrived and the internet charge was $170, not $60. I called Verizon for two purposes, to discuss the charge and to suspend the service for the summer as we are heading North. The representative said their plan has changed and now you can suspend for 90 days at $10 per month and then another 90 days at full price. Who would go for that? No service and full price!

Turns out that we used 25 gig, 15 gig over the basic plan. We have no way of measuring so will have to take their word but we have not used the service any more than Centurylink and their charge was always $60.

Faced with a cost that was almost 3 times higher, an unacceptable suspension plan, and a supervisor that could not change anything, we cancelled the service. They wanted to charge $500 to cancel and after much conversation reduced the cancellation to $250. I have been a Verizon cell phone customer since their beginning and I am a Verizon stockholder. So much for loyalty.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, verizon, centurylink, charge, plan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.