Photo turns sideways

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Photo turns sideways

When I send a photo of something to some people, the photo of the article or picture turns sideways. I am emailing from an I-pad. Why does this happen and is it on my "end" or on their end? Of course, it's frustrating to them.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
When I send a photo of something to some people, the photo of the article or picture turns sideways. I am emailing from an I-pad. Why does this happen and is it on my "end" or on their end? Of course, it's frustrating to them.
If you have Picasa, open it in Picasa and then straighten it upright if you need to if not, just save it again. Then take it into TOTV and post it and it should post upright. I have always had to do this for some reason. You could also use Photoshop to do this or probably any photo editing program.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:45 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

This sideways "thing" also happens when I email sometimes?
Old 12-19-2015, 05:17 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

When we first got our IPAD, some receivers of pictures were stating they were upside down and some had no problems. The ones that had no problems had Apple products. Apparently , the Apple recognized the orientation and the others did not. I found that we were taking pictures with the IPAD in the wrong orientation.
Closed Thread

Tags
photo, end, sideways, turns, happen, confused, frustrating, people, send, article, picture, i-pad, emailing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.