Computer HELP

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2018, 03:08 PM
Default Computer HELP

Who can I call to come to the home to help with computer problems. Set up the internet yesterday and now the wireless printer stopped talking to the computer.

Too much stuff to pack and go some place.
Looking for in home help,

Thx,
Old 07-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilorilori View Post
Who can I call to come to the home to help with computer problems. Set up the internet yesterday and now the wireless printer stopped talking to the computer.

Too much stuff to pack and go some place.
Looking for in home help,

Thx,
Call Jon Townsend 352-250-1686 He recently completely reset my computer and fixed various problems with Microsoft corrupt updates. VERY HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE. Len & Mary
Old 07-05-2018, 04:53 PM

I am no computer whiz but I had this same problem a few weeks ago. You have to find the “wireless” button on you’re printer and open it. My printer had the wireless acct. no. but was missing the password. As soon as I entered the password, everything worked fine.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Veteran member

Typically, if you reinstall the printer software, it will find your wireless printer (assuming it is on and the wireless is on) and reset everything so it works correctly.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:18 PM

Do you have a WPS button on your router? I helped my neighbor recently and pressing and holding that button until it flashed did the trick. Glad to see you moved in and hope the rest of the move went well!
Old 07-06-2018, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

AGAIN and AGAIN people think Microsoft is the only computer system to use. Their marketing over the past 40 years have most people convinced that it is the best for everyone.

NOT SO!

IF - all you do is surf the web, pay bills, use Facebook, have a few Excel spreadsheets and Word documents - then all you REALLY need is a Chromebook!

But, you say, I already use the chrome browser. It's not a browser problem, it's an operating system problem. Microsoft has forced you to use anti-virus, anti-malware, backup software (multiple copies) and the list goes on and on.

A Chromebook does NOT get viruses, malware is easily defeated (but very rare) you have local copies of any files if you want, but everything is backed up online.

If your Microsoft laptop dies, you have to reload all your programs and restore all your files - good luck with that!

If you Chromebook dies (or you just want a new one) all you have to do is --- ready for this? --- SIGN IN TO A NEW ONE! Everything you had on your old Chromebook comes right back!

If your the kind of person that can maintain your PC by yourself (and I am, but use a Chromebook 99.9% of the time) then maybe you should keep you Microsoft PC. Or, if you use someone that downloaded some specialized program that only runs on a M/S PC then you need your M/S PC. I have Quicken on a PC, but only use the PC about once a month (or less).

There will be a short talk on the Chromebook Monday, July 16th at 1PM at Eisenhower and I'll have a table (workshop) at Eisenhower on July 23rd at 1PM for anyone that have questions on the Chromebook.

I don't sell anything, I am not a consultant, but I will help anyone that needs it with the chromebook at no charge.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:26 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

If you are experiencing computer issues, please give us a call at Computer Corner!

Computer Corner • Computer Repair, Sales & Service

(352) 460-1155 • 205 W. North Blvd • Leesburg, Fl 34748
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm

Click Here To Visit Our Website!
(Office) 352-460-1155
(Store) 205 W. North Blvd (441), Leesburg, Fl. 34748
(Website) http://www.ComputerCornerFL.com
Old 07-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Sage

I've had luck using the cord to connect while installing the software then disconnecting it afterwards. Also if it was previously working there should be a setup button on the printer. Go to internet connection and enter in your Wi Fi password. Sometimes the router resets can cause it to go off line.
Closed Thread

Tags
computer, home, pack, stuff, talking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.