Win10 Never doesn't Mean Never?

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Win10 Never doesn't Mean Never?

I downloaded and ran Win 0 Never and also had it remove Win10 files. the Windows 10 icon located on the task bar disappeared Hooray! except that everyday the window 10 windows shows up and asks me if i am ready. And everyday I down load never 10 and run it. Its like Ground Hog Day. apparently never doesn't mean never or I am doing something wrong regarding the operation of Win 10 Never

Subsequently I have to shut down my laptop and reload it . windows 10 should have a button that says don't ask me anymore but they are not asking are they?

I need help from some of you computer sophisicates to help me make windows 10 go away
Old 06-04-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

I need help from some of you computer sophisicates to help me make windows 10 go away

Why? What is it you fear?
Old 06-04-2016, 12:47 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Record10ti View Post
Perhaps nothing or something - what does it matter? The poster just wants it GONE! Can you help?

Old 06-04-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Perhaps nothing or something - what does it matter? The poster just wants it GONE! Can you help?
Very simple registry hacks, very simple. That said, if you are not 100% comfortable with it - not something to mess with. If the OP was comfortable with it, he would have used Google and done it.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
I downloaded and ran Win 0 Never and also had it remove Win10 files. the Windows 10 icon located on the task bar disappeared Hooray! except that everyday the window 10 windows shows up and asks me if i am ready. And everyday I down load never 10 and run it. Its like Ground Hog Day. apparently never doesn't mean never or I am doing something wrong regarding the operation of Win 10 Never

Subsequently I have to shut down my laptop and reload it . windows 10 should have a button that says don't ask me anymore but they are not asking are they?

Rubicon, try this site How to Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1. Unfortunately, sooner or later, we will all be forced to accept 10.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Very simple registry hacks, very simple. That said, if you are not 100% comfortable with it - not something to mess with. If the OP was comfortable with it, he would have used Google and done it.
Based on that assessment hafta guess OP is NOT comfortable with registry hacks at any level.

Can you help?

Old 06-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Rubicon, try this site How to Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1. Unfortunately, sooner or later, we will all be forced to accept 10.
Thanks Madelaine
Old 06-05-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:

As a computer expert for a living (MCSE, CCIE, CCDA, WSE and more)...what is the fear of W10? People like to complain, and no one seems to know why. This, I have found...VERY typical of all things in TV.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
As a computer expert for a living (MCSE, CCIE, CCDA, WSE and more)...what is the fear of W10? People like to complain, and no one seems to know why. This, I have found...VERY typical of all things in TV.
Hi record10ti: It is not fear driving my actions. What is driving me is that Microsoft did not provide a dial button that allowed me to opt out and to remove their pop up notice.

I am not a "free stuff " aficionado. Its why in business I was an trusted fiduciary for my employer Beside which it causes me cognitive dissonance when I think that Microsoft can get $120- $200 from each user and yet offers it "free"? So what you may gather from this is that when I say its the principle of the thing and not the money, I do mean its the principle of the thing

Personal Best Regards:
Old 06-05-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Hi record10ti: It is not fear driving my actions. What is driving me is that Microsoft did not provide a dial button that allowed me to opt out and to remove their pop up notice.

I am not a "free stuff " aficionado. Its why in business I was an trusted fiduciary for my employer Beside which it causes me cognitive dissonance when I think that Microsoft can get $120- $200 from each user and yet offers it "free"? So what you may gather from this is that when I say its the principle of the thing and not the money, I do mean its the principle of the thing

Personal Best Regards:
I get your point. The reality however is that someone on any system that got 10 asked for it, at some point. May have been months ago when a copy was "reserved". May have been one of the dozens of "yes" answers for updates. With 8.1 it was with the EULA. If no one said "yes", you simply did not get 10.

For those with "Professional" versions of the OS there was an opt out even after the fact. Not the case with "Home" versions. Then there are those who use "domain" and Group policy to prevent an unplanned update. But, now that it has been out for a long time - we have migrated hundreds of domain based systems to 10 and had NOT ONE issue with applications that ran on 7 not running on 10 (but for Solitare that the EU simply needs to get from the App Store).

The "real" issue (IMO) is that most computer users never read a EULA, dont real the options and even more so with W10 dont turn off the telemetry (it is SUPER easy to disable at install). Yet, the same folks will let Google/Android and or Apple track their every move, stop, call, message and location wtih their cell phones.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
I have no fear of it. Made my living on computers, love technology. However, my other half had a secretary and other people to do his bidding and he never had to move into the technical world so now I am forced to be his secretary every time something new comes along and that is getting very old, very quickly!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-05-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I have no fear of it. Made my living on computers, love technology. However, my other half had a secretary and other people to do his bidding and he never had to move into the technical world so now I am forced to be his secretary every time something new comes along and that is getting very old, very quickly!
As a secretary - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office on a whole has changed very little in many years. Acrobat and other Adobe app's have had drastic changes as has Crystal.

That said, the only real improvement to Word was in 2010 version where you could preview a font change
Old 06-05-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Why do you presume that someone who does not want to upgrade to Windows 10 "fears" something? You are leaping to conclusions.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Gold member

I finely gave in to the 10 upgrade and have had no issues at all. In fact my computer runs faster and 10 is quite easy to master. I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 ser
Old 06-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Gold member

I have a habit of not upgrading anything Microsoft for a least a couple years, after release. I've been happy with this protocol.

Last edited by NoMoSno; 06-05-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
windows, everyday, win10, win, laptop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.